A Clump of Grass
- Great Grasses for Organic Gardens. Darke, Rick // Organic Gardening (08973792);Nov/Dec99, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p22
Presents information on grasses. Benefits from grasses; How to grow grass; Tips on designing grass. INSET: Design Tips.
- His whole world is grass. Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;10/28/96, Vol. 121 Issue 17, p61
Profiles the life and work of Reed Funk, a botanist who is in search of the perfect grass seed. The popularity of lawns in the United States; The improvements made by Funk; The critics of the American fascination with lawns. INSET: The embattled blade of grass.
- Wouldn't you rather be playing golf? // American Bar Association Journal;Jul82, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p797
Offers a humorous look at what would happen if one would quit mowing one's lawn.
- LAWNS OFFER GOOD NEWS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 130 Issue 2674, p9
Presents tips for enhancing the environmental benefits of lawns.
- Seed turf grasses before mid-October for best results. // St. Charles Journal;9/28/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 74, pD6
The article offers tips on planting good grass in thin or bare areas in a lawn, including planting in the months of September through mid-October for best results and keeping the seeded areas moist until the grass grows.
- Bermudagrass. // Landscape Management;Jul99 Supplement Seed Guide '99, Vol. 38 Issue 7, ps24
Focuses on on-site testing program designed to provide scientific information of a more applied nature about putting green turfgrass cultivar performance. Sponsors of the program; Locations for bermudagrass only on-site putting green tests; Locations for bermudagrass and bentgrass putting green...
- Buffalograss. // Landscape Management;Jul99 Supplement Seed Guide '99, Vol. 38 Issue 7, ps26
Focuses on the maintenance of buffalograss, a warm-season grass native to the Great Plains of North America. Mean quality scores; Genetic color; Drought tolerance; Leaf texture.
- Zoysia Uncut. Farmer, Jenks // Horticulture;May/Jun2002, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the use of emerald zoysia as a lawn grass. Description of an unmowed zoysia; Maintenance of uncut zoysias; Tips on the cultivation of a lawn grass. INSETS: To do in the garden;Worth growing.
- Small, Clean and Green. // Southern Living;Mar99, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p114
Presents information on how to design a lawn. Disadvantages of using Emerald Zoysia grass; Drawback to the fescue.