- World's oldest cottonwoods. // British Columbia Magazine;Summer2004, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p10
Presents information on the Morrissey grove, a cottonwood stand along the Rockies' Elk river in British Columbia. Protection of the trees under an agreement between Tembec Inc. and the Nature Conservancy of Canada; Description of the trees; Age of the trees.
- FOUND: WORLD'S OLDEST COTTONWOODS. Santerre, Jason // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb2004, Vol. 28 Issue 174, p86
Reports the discovery of a black cottonwood at Elk River in British Columbia in February 2004. Description of the tree; Views of tree experts and botanists.
- Diversity in physiological and morphological characteristics of four cottonwood (Populus deltoides var. wislizenii) populations in New Mexico: evidence for a genetic component of variation . Rowland, Diane L. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;May2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p845
Reports on a common garden that was established using genotypes of Populus deltoides var. wislizenii (S. Wats.) Eckenwalder from four New Mexico populations (Abiquiu, Corrales, Bernardo, and San Antonio) to examine physiological and morphological differentiation within and among populations. ...
- Stomatal resistance, transpiration, and growth of drought-stressed eastern cottonwood Kirkham, M. B.; Kelliher, F. M.; Tauer, C. G. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;Dec1980, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p447
No abstract available.
- The Cottonwood Tree. Grauvogl, Ann // South Dakota Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p40
Presents information on cottonwood trees which can be found in South Dakota. Importance and value of cottonwoods; Characteristics of the tree; Areas for which cottonwoods are excellent trees.
- The Patriarch of the Plains. Lantz, Gary // American Forests;Autumn2001, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the scarcity of cottonwoods in the United States. Implication of the loss of cottonwoods; Cottonwood restoration efforts; Variety of cottonwoods.
- Spectacular display of fall colors. // Navajo Times;12/10/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 49, pC9
A photograph is presented of the cottonwood trees in Shonto Canyon, Arizona producing spectacular displays of the colors of Fall leaf.
- Barking back at Omaha's friendly trees. // Nebraska Life;Mar/Apr2016, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p19
The article features the conjoined cottonwood trees in the Florence neighborhood of Omaha in Nebraska which are noted to resemble the letters H and I.
- PLAINS COTTONWOOD. // American Forests;Spring2004, Vol. 110 Issue 1, Special Section p22
Features the national champion tree plains cottonwood in Colorado. Measurement of the tree; Total number of Colorado's of tree entries in the 2004 National Register of Big Trees.