TITLE

Do you have a DR plan?

PUB. DATE
July 2005
SOURCE
Storage Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p16
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
This article presents results of a survey of Storage readers on their disaster recover (DR) plans. If a disaster were to strike, 58% of Storage readers would assume that their recovery plans would kick in without too many surprises because they have tested their plans in 2004. The remaining 42%, however, either have no formal DR plan in place, or it has been so long since it was tested it is doubtful it would still do the job. On the bright side, relatively few respondents require lightning-fast recovery times--only 23% expect to be back up and running within an hour. In fact, 33% would be happy with a time-to-recovery of one day or more.
ACCESSION #
17705932

 

Related Articles

  • When disaster strikes, are cities ready?  // American City & County;Sep2006, Vol. 121 Issue 10, p10 

    This article focuses on a recent survey conducted by the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) which found that many city leaders think the federal government needs to help more in preparation for emergencies since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. About 80 percent of the 183 cities...

  • Many Coastal Homeowners Aren't Prepared for a Hurricane.  // Best's Review;Sep2006, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p87 

    The article presents a survey concerning the preparedness of homeowners for hurricanes in the U.S. Respondents in coastal Louisiana topped the chart, having taken 60 percent of the steps. Those in Connecticut, Maryland, New York, Massachusetts, and Maine have only taken about one third of the...

  • Business owners fall short on contingency planning.  // North Western Financial Review;9/15/2011, Vol. 196 Issue 18, p22 

    The article reports on a small business index survey by Wells Fargo & Co./Gallup International Inc. which suggests that 31 percent among business owners have expressed their confidence and preparedness through contingency planning for incoming disasters.

  • NFPs Navigating the waters. Price, Kerry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p55 

    The article reports on a survey conducted by Grant Thornton New Zealand in 2011 which examines the challenges faced by not-for-profit organisations (NFPs) in the said year. Findings reveal that most of the respondents spend more time to consider the consequences of disasters at their meetings....

  • What are teachers' opinions about including topics of natural events and their risks in primary curriculum in Kocaeli (Turkey)? BULUŞ KIRIKKAYA, Esma; İMALI, Beyza // Asia-Pacific Forum on Science Learning & Teaching;Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1 

    Community awareness must be increased for communities to play an effective role in the mitigation of disaster damage. Education is the most effective way to accomplish this. It is important for people to know that even though they cannot intervene or prevent such events, they can take...

  • RN web poll.  // RN;Oct2007, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p14 

    The article presents the results of survey which asked nurses if they are involved in the disaster response planning of their hospitals. Eighty four percent of the respondents said that they are involved, while the remaining 16 percent responded otherwise.

  • Staff still ignored in crisis planning. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;5/16/2006, p1 

    The article focuses on the 2006 Business Continuity Management Survey conducted by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) in England, which revealed that three out of four companies are unprepared for the impact that losing staff will have if disaster strikes. The vast majority of the 1,150...

  • TRACKING EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS. Cozzi, Paula; McCray, Kevin; Schiavo, Jay L. // Association Management;Aug2004, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p21 

    Reports on key findings of JVF Management principal Frank Malouff's survey of the level of emergency preparedness in the meetings industry, which was updated in May 2004. Focus beyond terrorism to include other unpredictable situations such as weather emergencies, deaths, riots and loss of key...

  • Evaluation of a mass dispensing exercise in a Cities Readiness Initiative setting. Stergachis, Andy; Wetmore, Catherine M.; Pennylegion, Michelle; Beaton, Randal D.; Karras, Bryant T.; Webb, Dean; Young, Diane; Loehr, Michael // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/1/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p285 

    Purpose. The effectiveness of a point of dispensing (POD) used in a mass dispensing exercise was evaluated. Methods. Public Health—Seattle & King County (PHSKC), in conjunction with the University of Washington, conducted a functional exercise of mass dispensing plans to test the...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics