Books Received for Review
- The manager as mathematician. // Management Review;May72, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p54
Discusses the relevance of mathematical techniques to the management sciences. Applications of quantitative problem-solving methods in management; Transaction processing and transaction-decision systems; Policy implications on management.
- Ways to Develop Computing Means for Solving Large Optimal Planning and Control Problems. Kantorovich, L.V. // Problems of Economics;Aug/Sep/Oct76, Vol. 19 Issue 4/5/6, p222
Proposes a framework for the development of computational operations for solving large optimal planning and control problems. Failure of mechanical means and programming languages to adapt to the solution of the problems; Factors hindering the introduction of modern methods for solving optimal...
- UNCOVERING AND TREATING UNOBSERVED HETEROGENEITY WITH FIMIX-PLS: WHICH MODEL SELECTION CRITERION PROVIDES AN APPROPRIATE NUMBER OF SEGMENTS? Sarstedt, ,3Marko; Becker, Jan-Michael; Ringle, Christian M.; Schwaiger, Manfred // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Jan2011, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p34
Since its first introduction in the Schmalenbach Business Review, Hahn et al.'s (2002) finite mixture partial least squares (FIMIX-PLS) approach to response-based segmentation in variance-based structural equation modeling has received much attention from the marketing and management...
- FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT OF ECONOMY. Ratnieks, Aloizs // Computer Science (1407-7493);2009, Vol. 40, p129
This paper discusses the unknown before property of adapting systems which consists in that the adapting system may be operated without any information about its condition. It is necessary to know only some characteristics of its elements. It was found, however, that the economic methods of...
- CAPITAL BUDGETING/PROJECT SELECTION BY MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY. Larson, Roy B. // Management Science;Jan1971, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p372
The article presents an abstract for the article "Capital Budgeting/Project Selection by Mathematical Programming: An Annotated Bibliography," by Roy B. Larson.
- USER-ORIENTED COMPUTER MODELING ENVIRONMENTS. Nugent, Christopher; Vollman, Thomas E.; Howell, A. Harold; Schuldenfrei, Robert L.; Westfall, James // Management Science;Jan1971, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p372
The article presents an abstract for the article "User-Oriented Computer Modeling Environments," by Christopher E. Nugent, Thomas E. Vollmann, A. Harold Howell, Robert L. Schuldenfrei, and James R. Westfall.
- MINIMUM. // Encyclopedia of Operations Research & Management Science;2001, p516
The formula for a real-valued function which have a minimum is presented.
- Instructions to Authors. // Interfaces;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p135
Presents instructions to authors on submitting papers related to management science and operation research for publication in the journal "Interfaces." Topics preferred; Paper organization; Deadline for the submission of papers.
- MATHEMATICAL MODELLING FOR MANAGEMENT. Eilon, Samuel // Interfaces;Feb74, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p32
This article focuses on the economic batch quantity (EBQ) model. The EBQ model is a normative one. A. Vazsonyi presents an alternative approach, which he calls the IF-THEN type of model, which tells the manager what "excess cost" he should expect for a given deviation from the optimum and...