Former city manager of Austin named D.C. chief managing officer
- City mis-manager. Barnstone, Robert // Texas Monthly;Mar94, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p66
Reports on the rise and fall of former Austin city manager Camille Barnett. Credentials; Author's assertion that Barnett cared more about her public image than about running the city; Social networking outside of city government; Total Quality Management approach to the city council; Receipt of...
- What's a nice girl like you doing in a business like this? Barnett, Camille Cates // Public Management (00333611);Feb95, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p19
Relates the author's experience in the local government management profession. Risks of public service; Local government management instruction at the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas; International work with the Research Triangle Institute in North Carolina.
- D.C. dud. Zengerle, Jason // Texas Monthly;Nov98, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p26
Profiles Texas official Camille Barnett. Her career background; Criticisms against Barnett; Controversy on the cancellation of a no-bid contract that Barnett had arranged for her interim deputy Cheryl Dotson.
- Philadelphia Official's New Job Delayed by Tragedy. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32794, p5
The article announces that Camille Cates Barnett, the new managing director of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is expected to start her work after the death of her husband who died in a car accident. Although she has not yet returned, her office has been providing her with documents and getting her...
- D.C. chief management officer resigns; mayor to fill job. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;01/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30554, p3
Reports on the resignation of Camille Cates Barnett as chief management officer of Washington D.C. Reason cited by Barnett to justify her decision; City mayor's commendation of the Barnett's contributions to the district.
- The 1992 National Public Service Awards. // Public Manager;Spring92, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p65
The article announces the recipients of the 1992 National Public Service Awards given by the American Society for Public Administration and the National Association of Schools of Public Administration including Camille Cates, city manager from Austin, Texas; Steven C. Bishop, chief of police,...