Lastest blue book does not answer debt cap questions
- Double vision. Dalglish, Lucy // Quill;Oct94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p43
Discusses differences in attitudes between lawyers and journalists. Benefits of understanding both professions; Levels of skill and intelligence; Continuing education as license for maintaining legal profession; Profiles of lawyers Gina Spade and Jamie Prime, `Freedom of Information' reporters.
- Crime problem? It's extremely serious, lawyers say. // American Bar Association Journal;Feb82, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p146
Presents findings of a survey designed to determine lawyers' perception of the crime problem in the United States. Factors considered as possible causes of crime; Classification of responding lawyers; Correlation between lawyer attitudes and demographic variables.
- Personal Viewpoint. Lytton, W.B. // American Bar Association Journal;Apr82, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p388
Comments on the tendency of lawyers to adopt a contentious attitude towards another lawyer. Disadvantages of being unpleasant to a fellow lawyer; Implication of the pervading attitude on the credibility of the law profession.
- Let us be `officers of the court' Aspen, Marvin E. // ABA Journal;Jul97, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p94
Presents Dean Roscoe Pound's message to the American Bar Association concerning the criticism on legal profession. Crisis on professionalism; Statements of 11th United States Circuit Court of Appeals on several cases; Practical consequences of outrageous conduct; Book on the performances of...
- So they say. // ABA Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p14
Presents quotes concerning lawyers and their attitudes taken from `Orange County Register' and `Chicago Tribune.' Denver lawyer's comment on a local federal judge's tactic of holding sessions very early in the morning; Former independent counsel Joseph diGenova's comments on the independent...
- They court success outside halls of justice. Harman, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;6/26/95, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the career transitions of lawyers in the United States. Reasons for leaving the legal profession; Possible fields of endeavor after legal career; Remarks on the mental attitude of lawyers; Percentage increase of inactive status of lawyers from 1990 to 1995.
- Crime's a problem. But where place the blame? // American Bar Association Journal;Aug78, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p1225
Presents findings of a March 1978 survey of lawyers to determine their attitudes toward crime in the United States. Classification of lawyers based on attitudes on crime; Causes of crime; Correlation between lawyers' perceptions as to the causes of crime and demographic variables.
- ID. Uelmen, Gerald F. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1992, Vol. 1992 Issue 2, p335
Focuses on the art of invective or name-calling among lawyers. Reference to the argument of Roman orator Cicero; Use of animal illusions in name-calling.
- General Counsel Responses. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul99, Vol. 9 Issue 92, p58
Presents findings of a survey taken of attorneys.