- Special Focus on BOILERS. // Chemical Business;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p45
The article focuses on boiler design issues. The design of such a vessel involves the interaction of a number of variables such as water-steam circulation and heat transfer. Choice of fuel has a major effect on boiler design and sizing. Also mentioned are important criteria for industrial boiler...
- BRAIN TEASER. // Engineer (00137758);11/5/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7663, p70
Presents an intellectually challenging puzzle about ship boilers.
- Babbitt Casting and Babbitt Spraying Processes. Azizpour, M. Jalali; Norouzi, S.; Majd, H. Mohammadi // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Aug2011, Issue 56, p1034
In this paper, the babbitting of a bearing in boiler feed pump of an electromotor has been studied. These bearings have an important role in reducing the shut down times in the pumps, compressors and turbines. The most conventional method in babbitting is casting as a melting method. The...
- Boilers. // Engineered Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p87
The article evaluates Hydrotherm's six-page, full color brochure featuring the company's complete line of KN Series commercial gas-fired, direct vent cast iron boilers.
- Is a High-Efficiency Boiler Right for Your Facility? Neill, Thomas E. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;May2006, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p15
The article offers advice on the selection of a boiler suitable for the heating requirements and infrastructure of a facility. The conventional boiler has an 85 percent efficiency. The condensing boiler operates with lower flue gas temperatures and emissions, including reduced fuel consumption.
- Typical Causes of Slagging and Fouling Problems in Boilers. (Dick) Storm, Richard F. // Power;Jun2015, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p58
The article presents suggestions on dealing with issues related to boiler slagging and fouling. It is noted that the most common causes of maintenance headaches at coal-fired power plants is boiler slagging and fouling. It is mentioned that using the American Society for Testing and Materials...
- OTSGs on their mettle in cycling applications. // Modern Power Systems;Oct2005, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p47
Reports on the use of the heat recovery steam generators (HRSG) to perform reliably in cycling mode, even in plants originally designed for baseload and not intended to see such conditions in Great Britain. Limitations of the HRSG in terms of operational flexibility; Components required by a...
- Stress State and Allowable Temperature Gradients in High-Pressure Autoclaves. Pimshtein, P. G.; Zhukova, V. N. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 39 Issue 9/10, p515
This article assesses the possibility of the external heating of autoclaves based on results of calculations of the stress state of the monolithic and multilayer versions of these vessels. Autoclaves are used for different purposes under high internal pressure and temperature require that...
- Application of the Critical Heat Flux Look-Up Table to Large Diameter Tubes. El Nakla, M.; Habib, M.; Ahmed, W.; Al-Sarkhi, A.; Mansour, R. Ben; Al-Awwad, M. Y. // Science & Technology of Nuclear Installations;2013, p1
The critical heat flux look-up table was applied to a large diameter tube, namely 67mm inside diameter tube, to predict the occurrence of the phenomenon for both vertical and horizontal uniformly heated tubes.Water was considered as coolant. For the vertical tube, a diameter correction factor...