CFC-Chiller Phaseout Slower Than Expected, ARI Says
- AHAM NAMES VP. // Appliance Design;Sep2007, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p18
This article announces the appointment of Peter Hoekstra as vice president of technical services at the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers.
- TEAM offers competitive edge. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/10/95, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the Teamwork for Employees and Managers Act (TEAM) proposal of the team led by United States Representative Peter Hoekstra. Aim of balancing union manipulation of business owners and employees in firms that have employee-participation programs; Reactions of labor leaders to the bill;...
- Prospecting for political gold. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;12/06/97, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p2467
Profiles Peter Hoekstra, a Republican senator from Michigan. Plans for the congressional recess; Importance of the labor agenda to congressional Republicans; Relevance of the projects of Hoekstra's subcommittee.
- Hoekstra Draws Bead on Corrupt Americorps. Gizzi, John // Human Events;04/16/99, Vol. 55 Issue 14, p4
Looks at the changes in the views of United States legislators Senator Rick Santorum and Representative Pete Hoekstra on Americorps program of President Bill Clinton. Details on the Americorps program; Legislative proposal in the United States House that seeks to end the Americorps program.
- Hoekstra: Admit labor laws outdated. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p1
Part II. Focuses on the remarks made by United States Congressman Peter Hoekstra, chair of the US House Oversight and Investigations subcommittee, on the ineffectiveness of the US Department of Labor in supporting abused garment industry workers. Businesses' fear of being under scrutiny by...
- Questioning The Myth Of The Magical Bureaucracy. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/22/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
Comments on failure of Peter Hoekstra to be granted the chairmanship of the United States House of Representatives Education and Workforce Committee. Reputation of the Congressman as a talented and effective legislator; Rarity of a veteran executive from a major manufacturer; Hoekstra's views...
- But FPI Remains A Target. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/22/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on United States Representative Peter Hoekstra's plan to take another run at ending the federal prison system's monopoly on selling goods to the government. Introduction of legislation to remove Federal Prison Industries' so-called 'mandatory source status'; Sales of the agency in 1999.
- Surprising Pete Hoekstra investigates big labor. Goode, Stephen; Kozak, Rick // Insight on the News;10/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p21
Interviews Pete Hoekstra head of the United States Education and the Workforce subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations. INSET: Personal Bio..
- New Legislation To spur Replacement Of CFC Chillers. // Supply House Times;May2005, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p36
The article informs that congressman Peter Hoekstra has reintroduced H.R. 1241, the "Cool and Efficient Buildings Act," to set the depreciation period from 39 to 20 years for HVAC equipment installed on or in nonresidential buildings. It would provide incentive to replace more than 36,000...