Northwest Parkway Advances Plans Linking Toll Road to Denver Airport
- Texas, Arkansas look to tolls for funding highway projects. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30342, p30
Focuses on the efforts of Texas officials to use toll roads as a source of funding for highway projects. Texas Transportation Commission's issuance of a resolution approving North Texas Tollway Authority's proposal to convert a stretch of highway in Irving to a toll road; Fort Bend County's...
- Light rail pipe dream catches fire. Biundo, Jen // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/5/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the developments in the Trans-Texas Corridor 35 (TTC-35) toll road plan which could free the Union Pacific railway in Austin-San Antonio Texas. Features of TTC-35; Estimated cost of the project; Actions taken by real estate developer to capitalize on the pedestrian traffic that the...
- A Cross-Country Tour. // Planning;May2005, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p15
Reports on developments on topics related to road planning in different states in the U.S. Announcement that the four express lanes on State Road 91 in Orange County, California are free most of the day to motorists with three or more people in their vehicle; Funding of Denver, Colorado area's...
- Toll Plan on Hold. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p27
Reports on the delay of the final decision for a toll road plan by the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization in Texas. Concerns regarding a section of the plan that would levy tolls on Austin-area highway projects; Funding for the plan.
- Bexar: Not in Our Name. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p27
Reports on the move of Bexar County commissioners in Texas to ask the Bexar County Regional Mobility Authority to change its name because many taxpayers believe that the county, and not the mobility authority is responsible for toll road projects being considered by area leaders.
- House Panel Passes Bill to Expedite Review Process on Runway Construction. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p39
Reports the approval of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on a legislation that would expedite the construction of runways and taxiways in Washington. Presentation on the needs of the airport projects; Amount of money needed; Opinion of the airport operators on the project.
- Key decision awaited on airport access road. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/21/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p14B
Reports on the anticipation by New Hampshire transport officials of a decision by federal regulators regarding the construction of the Manchester Airport access road. Expectation of an issuance of a record of decision by the U.S. Federal Highway Administration; Linking of the F.E. Everett...
- Manchester Airport access road takes another step toward reality. // New Hampshire Business Review;06/06/97, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the plans for construction of an access road to Manchester Airport in New Hampshire. Cost of the project; Plan's impact on 17 acres of wetlands; Availability of two million dollars of demonstration funds.
- Major access routes. // Travel Agent;4/25/94, Vol. 270 Issue 12, Airport Guide p30
Presents a map showing the major access routes to three airports. John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City, New York; LaGuardia Airport in New York City; Newark International Airport in New Jersey.