Hospital Investors: High Yields Outshine Sector Shortcomings
- Century-Old California Hospital Readies $228 Million Renovation Deal. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p8
Reports on the plan of the Huntington Memorial Hospital to issue a multimillion refinancing bonds in Pasadena, California. Goal of the refinancing to upgrade the medical facility; Underwriter of the deal; Bond rating assigned to the transaction by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- bond financing in volatile times. Gould, Kenneth A.; Blanda, Christopher M. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2014, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p88
The article provides tips for hospitals and health care providers that go into bond financing. Topics discussed include things that these organizations should know about capital sources in a competitive landscape and changing market conditions, information about unenhanced bonds, and the risks...
- Junk for Sale in Steel City. Hanson, Matthew; Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;5/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32623, p1
The article reports on the combined $1.1 billion bond offerings of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and West Penn Allegheny Health system. The two largest hospital networks will issue separate bond offerings with the Allegheny County Hospital Development Authority acting as the...
- Univ. of Chicago Hospital to Kick Off Big Construction Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/3/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33159, p4
The article reports on the bonds sold by the University of Chicago Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. The hospital has disclosed the decision to sell the first share of a 225 million dollar issue which will begin a 500 million dollar borrowing, in an aim to finance a 700 million dollar,...
- Chicago's Swedish Covenant Dropped One Notch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34603, p1
Stand-alone Chicago-based Swedish Covenant Hospital was affirmed by one rating agency and dropped one notch to BBB by another ahead of its $120 million new money and refunding sale.
- Market To Focus On More Distant Data. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Forecasts the focus of the bond market in the United States.
- Munis Drop But Still Beat Treasuries Amid Light Supply, Secondary Activity. Kralev, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on June 21, 1999. Prices of municipal bonds; Enthusiasm among investors; Trading of tax-exempt bonds.
- Market Snapshot. // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Presents a chart related to the bond market in the United States on June 21, 1999.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Piazza, Johanna; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p2
Presents news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 2003. Ratings of Massachusetts based Port Authority's Boseful special facilities revenue bonds; Decline in the inventories of merchant wholesalers during May 2003 in Washington State; Resignation of undersecretary of Treasury...