Detroit Hospitals Mt. Clemens, St. Joseph's Mercy Call Off Union
- N.Y. Hospital Gets Continued Forbearance for Bonds. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p5
The article reports on the 20 million dollar grant from the state of New York for the refund of the 15.4 million of outstanding bonds issued for St. Joseph's Hospital to finance a prospective merger with another hospital.
- Tax-exempt bond cap repealed. // AHA News;08/04/97, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the US Congress' repeal of a tax-exempt bon cap that had hampered some hospital mergers and consolidations.
- IRS Plans More Health Care Audits. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30906, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's plans to audit additional bond issues related to hospital mergers. Reasons of the agency for widening the scope of its examination of merger-related health system bonds; Merging hospitals that have received notices from the agency.
- IRS, Treasury put three bond projects on 1998 agenda. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30344, p5
Reports on the US Department of Treasuries and the Internal Revenue Service's bond-related priorities for 1998. Guidance released by the service on the merger of hospitals with nonprofit corporations; Regulations regarding the allocation and accounting rules for private-activity bonds; Guidance...
- Hospital Merger Mystery. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/17/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31058, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's audit of bonds related to hospital mergers. Technical questions that must be resolved by the Chief Counsel's Office; Examination of whether bonds issued to finance a merger should be classified as an advance refunding; Other related issues...
- Illinois Health Authority OKs Peoria Deals Worth $120 Million. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p5
Reports on the Illinois Health Facilities Authority's approval of a nursing home revenue bond issue, a hospital bond issue, and the merger of Northwestern Memorial Hospital and a related corporation. Revenue bonds for Lutheran Senior Ministries in Peoria; Variable-rate notes for OSF Healthcare...
- Treasury Near Decision on Tax-Exempt Health Merger Bonds . Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p5
Reports on the speculation over the approval of the issuance of tax-exempt hospital acquisition financing bonds by the Treasury Department in the U.S. Development of regulations for the bond issuance by the agency; Promotion of tax-exempt health care mergers by the approval of bond issuance;...
- Illinois Health Systems Inch Closer to Sealing Merger Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30895, p34
Reports that Advocate Health and Hospitals Corp. is asking the Illinois Health Facilities Authority to sell revenue bonds on its behalf. Advocate's merger with Illinois Masonic Medical Center; Salomon Smith Barney's role as underwriter on the deal; Mix of variable-rate and fixed-rate debt;...
- NORTH CAROLINA: Merging Systems Affirmed. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/15/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32568, p9
The article reports on the affirmation of ratings of Moody's Investors Service Inc. for the merger of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Hospital Authority company and the Cabarrus Memorial Hospital. Both systems are rated Aa3 with positive outlooks. Cabarrus has about $163 million of outstanding debt while...