Oil a Sleeper Issue; Market Eyes CPI, Sales
- Oil and Inflation. // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p5
Reports on developments concerning the petroleum prices and inflation in the United States as of September 13, 2000.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2000, p8
Presents an update on inflation and prices in the United States as of October 2000. Decline of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in August 2000; Revision of CPI data by the Bureau of Labor; Link between the rise in oil prices and inflation.
- SUMMARY: Inflation Is Not Dead Yet. Grogan, Tim // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/27/99, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p26
Focuses on the increase in the rate of inflation for the third quarter of 1999 and its return as a key mechanism for triggering economic cycles in the United States (US). Impact of increased crude oil prices on inflation; Actions taken by the US Federal Reserve Board on inflation; Influence of...
- Is a surge coming in inflation? // Textile World;Aug94, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the minimal increase in US consumer prices in July 1994. Reasons why economic observers' speculate on a possible surge in inflation rates.
- November leading indicators. // CIBC Observations;Nov 99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p13
Cites the performances of the CIBC economic indicator, EconoNet, and the CIBC inflation indicator, PriceNet, in the United States, for November 1999. Comparison with October figures; Prospects for continued strong economic growth and higher energy prices.
- WHAT INFLATION THREAT? Spiers, Joseph // Fortune;5/29/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on various economic indicators for the first quarter of 1995. Opinion that the inflation flare-up expected to occur as a result of the low unemployment rate, will not materialize; Reasons why; Employment costs; Union wages; Supplier deliveries; Prices received.
- Good And Bad Deflation. Zoakos, Criton M. // International Economy;Spring2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on inflation problems in the U.S. Analysis on several economic indicators; Injection of liquidity; Effects of monetary easing and interest cuts on prices.
- Inflation under control. Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;1/11/95, Vol. 87 Issue 32, p20
Reports on various economic indicators in the United States. Rise in wholesale prices; Drop in energy prices; Rise in the Producer Price Index; Inflation under control.
- ECRI Inflation Gauge Rises to 102.0 in February. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;3/6/2015, p16
The article reports on the increase in U.S. inflationary pressures in February 2015, according to data from the Economic Cycle Research Institute (ECRI).