Federal Work Does Not Hurt Not-for-Profit
- Brandeis Sells $25M Through New Conduit. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p4
Reports on Brandeis University's $25 million bond issue in Massachusetts. Structure of the deal; Demand for Kansas bonds; Use of proceeds from the issues.
- Pennsylvania, N.J. Universities Have Big Plans on Campus. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31719, p32
Reports on the plans of various universities and colleges in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, to sale bonds for financing capital projects designed to accommodate increasing number of students and their increasingly sophisticated preferences for amenities. Plans of Pennsylvania Higher Educational...
- N.C. Selling $380M For Higher Ed, Water. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p3
Reports the sale of the public improvement general obligation bonds in North Carolina. Improvement and upgrade of classroom facilities; Schedule of sale; Expectation on the sale's success; Affirmation of bond ratings; Breakdown on the expenditures of the proceedings.
- Chicago's DePaul University Restructuring Some Lease Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p3
Reports on the plan of DePaul University to sell its refunding bonds in a deal that will allow the school to take possession of several educational facilities in Chicago, Illinois. Approval of the Illinois Finance Authority on the deal; Total value of the bonds; Terms of the deal.
- Emory U. to Issue More Debt to Fund Campus Improvements. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p3
Discusses the decision of Emory University to continue funding a $500 million capital plan to improve its campus and the two hospitals it owns in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Plan to issue variable and fixed-rate debt by August 2000; Rate of the fixed-rate bonds; Annual operating revenues;...
- Emory's First Swaps. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p1
Reports on the plan of Emory University to sell fixed- and floating-rate bonds in Atlanta, Georgia. Amount of bonds considered for sale by the university; Use of the proceeds in the expansion of buildings for biomedical and behavioral research; Lead managers of the transaction.
- Univ. of Oklahoma Head Wants $60M Bond Authorization to Fund Hirings. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32477, p6
The article reports on the authorization of about $60 million in bonds for the University of Oklahoma. The university president has asked the state legislators to authorize the bonds to match private donations for endowed positions at state colleges and universities. According to reports, the...
- Universities Get Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/27/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33256, p9
The article reports on the bond ratings assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the seven universities in Illinois.
- Pair of Virginia Agencies Ready to Borrow for Bay, College Projects. FUNK, LYNNE // Bond Buyer;3/26/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33087, p8
The article reports on the planned sale of bonds by the Virginia Resources Authority (VRA) and the Virginia College Building Authority (VCBA), to finance their various projects. VRA, as reported, is planning to sell its $174 million of clean-water state revolving fund subordinate revenue bonds...