Not So Fast Buster
- Solos may see benefit in using 401(k) plans. Slania, John T. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/8/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 41, pSB4
Reports the implementation of tax laws for the application of 401 (k) plans to tax-deferred contributions among solo business people in Chicago, Illinois. Specifications of the tax laws proposed; Benefits of the retirement plans for entrepreneurs; Response of retirement plan sponsors to the...
- Some year-end tax strategies to consider now. Klott, Gary // Las Vegas Business Press;11/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p5
Presents several strategies for reducing income tax bills in the United States. Options for employees availing of the 401(k) plans; Guidelines for people with sideline businesses; Recommendations for withholding tax checking.
- Passing Thoughts. Weber, Ann I. // BusinessWest;7/2/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p52
The article offers advice on steps to consider, so that individual retirement accounts and retirement plan beneficiaries can stretch out the distributions over their life expectancy and defer income taxes until a distribution is actually received. It mentions the procedure to include minors and...
- 401(k)s: Dividing your nest egg. Feldman, Judy // Money;Jun2002, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on the efforts of employers to reform rules about 401(k)s before the U.S. Congress attempts to pass a bill. Information on a survey by Hewitt Associates that found that more than half of large companies have eased company-stock trading restrictions or are likely to ease them in 2002;...
- Advantages for employers, workers in new 401(k) rules. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);5/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the advantages of the new federal rules in the U.S. governing 401(k) plans for employers and their former workers. Design of the new rules to encourage retirement saving by automatically rolling the retirement funds of workers into tax free individual retirement income; Creation by...
- Bipartisan Legislation Supports Lifetime Income Disclosures. Manganaro, John // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p1
A summary is presented of the Lifetime Income Disclosure Act, introduced by U.S. Senators Johnny Isakson and Chris Murphy in the U.S. Senate, which requires 401(k) plan sponsors to disclose participants the projected monthly income at retirement based on their current account balance.
- Employee Fiduciary Offers Fee Comparison Service. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Advisor News;2014, p1
The article reports that an independent 401k recordkeeper, Employee Fiduciary offers a fee comparison service for 401(k) plan sponsors under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Obama on auto pilot. Scott, Tracey // Money Marketing;4/2/2009, p8
The article presents the assessment of Heritage Foundation senior research fellow David John to Great Britain's personal accounts pension scheme and the U.S.' proposed legislation for an auto-enrollment scheme with its 401(k) plan. John believes that Great Britain's pension scheme will deliver...
- Dish It Out. Nelson, Scott Bernard // Entrepreneur;Nov2006, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p91
The article focuses on the new law which encourages employers to automatically invest 401 (k) plan for their employees for their pension plans. The new legislation offers employees incentives through establishing a haven when discrimination claims arises from non-highly compensated employees by...