L.A. Voters Reject $744 Million in Public Safety GOs
- Bond plan for L.A.P.D. lawsuits denounced. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;03/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30843, p32
Reports termination of the proposal of Mayor Richard Riordan to bond the tobacco-settlement proceeds to help the Police Department corruption scandal in Los Angeles, California. Investigation with financial advisers and public finance; Implication of the proposal for issuing tobacco bonds;...
- Mayor: Bonds could pay for LAPD scandal. Figler, Andrea; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30832, p1
Reports on Los Angeles, California, Mayor Richard Riordan's proposal for the city to issue bonds backed by its share in the national tobacco settlement to pay off lawsuits stemming from a corruption scandal at the Los Angeles Police Department. Borrowing scheme proposed by Riordan; Results of...
- Library issue may be sole bond bill on Los Angeles ballot. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p40
Reports that voters in Los Angeles, California will decide on whether or not they are in favor of using general obligation bonds to expand libraries in a referendum set for November 1998. Additional bonding initiatives to overcome opposition from Mayor Richard Riordan; City Councilman Mike...
- Well, He Said He'd Be Back. Roosevelt, Margot // Time;2/4/2002, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who plans to launch a California ballot initiative to put aside money in state funds for after-school programs. Details of the measure; Popularity of the issue; How former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan, who is running for governor, will make the...
- AN EX-MAYOR'S PAPER PROJECT. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;4/22/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 16, p8
Reports the plans of former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan to launch a newspaper to counter part the Los Angeles Times newspaper in Los Angeles, California.
- Mayor pushes L.A in new direction. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;4/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 103, p4
Reports on the reform measures of Republican Mayor Richard Riordan of Los Angeles on the eve of the presentation of the budget on April 21, 1995. Significance of the passage of Charter Amendment 2; Increased government accountability; Budget details and Riordan's strategy.
- L.A.'s new leader. Privitera, Deborah // Hispanic;Sep1993, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p12
Highlights public opinions on the election of Richard Riordan as mayor of Los Angeles, California. Money as reason for winning according to Los Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina; Popularity in the Hispanic business community according to Rosa Marin Executive Director of the Latin Business...
- New LA port panel reflects `tough' image projected by new GOP Mayor Riordan. Brady, Caroline // Traffic World;11/8/93, Vol. 236 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the panel appointed by Richard Riordan, mayor of Los Angeles, California, to run the city's port. Confidence on the decisions of the Harbor Department staff; Views of panel members; Gertrude Schwab, former community activist; Carol Rowen, founder of Republican Women for Choice; Lee...
- The pedaling politico: L.A.'s cycling mayor. Martin, Scott // Bicycling;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p30
Profiles Richard Riordan Mayor of Los Angeles whose hobby is cycling. Riordan rides a Softride-beam mountain bike. Riordan's meet-the-mayor rides; Toured through Europe; Witnessed Greg LeMond's final Tour de France victory; Comments from Paul Tay former Los Angeles bike coordinator.