Florida School Districts Offer $200 Million of Insured COPs
- Minneapolis school district hits market with $36.4 million COPs issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p36
Focuses on the Minneapolis School District No. 1's offering of certificates of participation (COP) issuances to fund schools and additions and address maintenance needs in the district. Total worth of bonds to be offered by the district; Total worth of outstanding COP handled by the district;...
- IRS: L.A. Schools' COP Deal May Be Taxable. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p4
Reports that multi-million dollar in certificates of participation (COP) sold by the Los Angeles Unified School District for Belmont Learning Complex may be taxable. Role of the Internal Revenue Service in passing COP; Usage of proceeds from taxes of learning complex in building schools.
- High-Tech School COPs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p1
Reports that the Los Angeles Unified School District in California, plans to sell $172 million of certificates of participation on September 12, 2000. Uses for the proceeds from the sale; Senior manager for the negotiated deal; Formation of a financing corporation by the district.
- Florida School District Prices $239.2 Million COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p3
Reports that the Broward County, Florida, School District priced $239.2 million in certificates of participation (COP) in the first of two large issuances in a week from the same South Florida county. Lead manager of the negotiated deal; Plan to use proceeds from the COP to build three high...
- FGIC to back its first Florida school COP deal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p3
Reports on the sale of certificates of participation by Florida's Palm Beach School District in Palm Beach County in February 2000. Companies involved in the certificates issue; Ratings given by Fitch IBCA Inc. and Standard & Poor's for the issues; Value of state aid for building; Outlook for...
- Ohio School District Says It Can Redeem $12.87 Million of BABs. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;4/24/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34098, p1
The article focuses on the redemption of 12.87 million U.S. dollars of series 2009B certificates of participation (COP) referred as Build America Bonds (BAB) by the Berea City School District in Ohio because its subsidy payments are reduced due to sequestration as of April 2014. It mentions that...
- Colorado. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p34
Reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the $40.1 million certificates of participation (COP) of the city and county of Denver, Colorado. Rating of the city and county's general obligation debt; Scheduled sale of the lease purchase COPs on July 29, 1997.
- Fulton County, Ga., opens way for $136 million of COPs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30582, p4
Reports on the approval of the sale of $136 million worth of certificates of participation by commissioners in Fulton County, Georgia. Allocations in the capital plan; Dismissal of the Board of Tax Assessors and the county manager after the discovery that the 1999 budget would incur an $85...
- Florida School District Tackles Growth Woes With Record Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p40
Reports that the Manatee County School District in Florida is preparing for its largest debt issuance to take place in February 2003 with a multi-million dollar sale of certificates of participation in order to fund its capital plan. Details of the district's capital plan; Factors behind the...