Fitch Affirms Its Triple-A Rating For Financial Guaranty Insurance
- Fitch Affirms Risk-Averse FGIC's AAA Rating. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31139, p29
Reports on the insurer rating of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.
- FGIC U.K. grows into euro-player in just a year. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;12/12/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p19
The article presents information on the performance of the London, England branch of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC). Within one year of opening its London office FGIC has grown into a major euro-player. The monoline insurer has achieved market acceptance across a spectrum of deals that...
- S&P Lowers FGIC to CC From CCC, Then Withdraws Ratings. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;4/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33103, p7
The article discusses the ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) from CCC to CC before withdrawing its rating on FGIC in the U.S. S&P asserted that FGIC does not have enough resources to meet payment on the $46 million outstanding on the...
- Fitch Cites Industry Changes In Downgrade Of 35 Life Insurers. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/30/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 39, p31
Reports on Fitch Ratings' downgrading of the ratings of 35 life insurance companies in the United States in September 2002. Trends in the insurance industry reflected on the ratings downgrade; Reasons cited by Fitch for revising the ratings of insurers.
- FGIC Stays in the Game. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p1
The article reports on the solicitation bids for insurance having Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. as the prospect guarantor for the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District's planned sale of 300 million dollars in refunding and new money revenue bonds to pay for repairs to the damaged...
- FGIC Puts Brakes on Business. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) during the fourth quarter and the fiscal year 2007 in the U.S. The bond insurer revealed a net loss of $1.89 billion for the fourth quarter and $1.82 billion for the year-end, showing market-to-market...
- Jefferson County Insurers File Motion To Dismiss Negligence, Fraud Charges. Sigon, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32986, p24
The article reports on the motion filed by the insurers of Jefferson County's nearly $3.2 billion of troubled sewer debt in federal court seeking to dismiss claims that negligence and fraud by the insurers have pushed the county to the brink of bankruptcy in Alabama. It states that the Financial...
- FGIC Fills New Slot: Manager of Global Utilities. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p7
Focuses on the recruitment of Paul Morrison as the managing director of global utilities in Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. Career profile; Educational attainment.
- GE Confirms FGIC is for Sale; Transaction Could Bring in $2 Billion. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p6
Speculation is growing that a group led by a mortgage insurance company is the leading candidate to purchase Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC), the General Electric Co. unit that was the fourth-ranked insurer in the municipal market in 2002. According to published reports the General...