Signs of Asian Recovery Bode Well for U.S. Port Projects
- Optimistic Asian markets regain their poise. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;1/10/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 33, p7
Speculates on the recovery of the Asian economy, including contributing factors such as the growing strength of Japan's economy.
- Problems pile up in Asia. Young, Lewis H. // Electronic News;06/01/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2221, p62
Focuses on the economic problems faced by Asian economies for 1998. Impact of the economic problems on the United States; Features of the bailout package offered by the International Monetary Fund to Thailand, Indonesia and South Korea; Features of the economic recession faced by Japan; Details...
- A different kind of global swap. // U.S. Banker;Jun98, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p16
Reports in June 1998 that companies who are worried about being paid by Asian borrowers because of the economic crisis in the region should consider bartering. Types of services and commodities that could be bartered; Use of bartering in the Mexican economic crisis; Comments from William Levitz...
- Recovery in Asia is a long way off. Young, Lewis H. // Electronic News;02/16/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2206, p2
Focuses on the prospects for the recovery of the financial markets in Asia for 1998. Activities by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to bail out Asian economies from the crisis; Features of the labor problems facing South Korea; List of Asian countries and the performance of their...
- Unfinished business. DiBiasio, Jame // Asian Investor;Jul/Aug2009, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses regional pension reforms in Asia and other topics in the issue such as the asset management industry's response to the global financial crisis.
- Hawaii K-O. Klara, Robert; Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;05/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the problems faced by restaurants in Hawaii in light of the decline in Asian tourists arriving in the state. Impact of the Asian currency crisis on the tourist arrivals in Hawaii; Impact of the crisis on the performance of the state's economy; Comment by Chad Treister, director of...
- Asia's time lag. Ritter, Eric // International Economy;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p8
Examines the economic recovery of Asian countries. Concept called Asian time lag; Manufacturing capacity utilization; Investors' demand for higher returns on equity; Compensation for the heightened perception of risk following the worldwide currency crises.
- REGIONAL FORECASTS. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Nov2009, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1
A chart depicting the economic forecasts for Asian countries is presented.
- Dynamic Asia and China. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec99, Vol. 1999 Issue 2, p127
Reports on economic developments in China and Dynamic Asian Economies in 1999. Economic recovery; Favorable economic fundamentals; Trade surplus; Projections for 2000 and 2001; Gross domestic product; Rising exports; Near-term deflationary forces. INSET: Financial restructuring in Indonesia,...