House Panel May Authorize Study
- House Subcommittee Sets Transparency Hearing. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p36
Reports that the United States House Commerce Committee panel has tentative plans to hold a hearing on September 23, 1998. Issues of mutual fund fees and availability of pricing information in municipal and fixed-income markets; Lack of finalization of the date for the finance subcommittee...
- Run the numbers before passing regulations. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;May95, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p74
Reports on US House Commerce Committee's approval of a legislation to require federal officials to use cost-benefit analysis to assess risk when developing health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Whalen Tells House to Keep Low-Flow Toilets. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Sep99, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p18
Reports on a hearing held by the United States House Commerce Committee's subcommittee on energy and power to debate the validity of low consumption toilets and the water conservation provisions in the Energy Policy Act. Rep. George Whalen's defense of the use of low consumption toilets; Bill...
- Revised Laboratory Test Receives House Clearance. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/16/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 16, p20
Reports that the United States House of Commerce Committee gave voice vote on a bill reauthorizing the Interagency Coordinating Committee for the Validation of Alternative Methods (Iccvam). Comments from Ed Fording, president of the Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers Association (Socma);...
- Trampling Privacy Rights Could End Up Hurting Insurers. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;07/05/99, Vol. 103 Issue 27, p20
Editorial. Deals with the right of privacy and its importance for insurers. Information on the version of H.R. 10 bill approved by the United States House Commerce Committee; Insurance associations that are concerns over the privacy language; Importance of privacy.
- Committee Approves Superfund Reform Bill. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/18/99, Vol. 103 Issue 42, p54
Reports the approval of the United States Congress' House Commerce Committe of a Superfund reform bill. Provisions of the bill for environmental protection; Reinstatement of expired Superfund taxes.
- Commerce panel jurisdiction over modernization extended. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;09/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30235, p40
Reports that the US House leadership has granted the Commerce Committee indefinite jurisdiction over financial modernization legislation. Letter to Speaker Newt Gingrich from House Banking Committee chairman James Leach; Legislation sponsored by Leach.
- House Commerce Committee ready to run with finance modernization bill. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;07/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30184, p6
Reports on the voting of the financial modernization bill by legislators on the US House Commerce Committee. Hearings planned for the bill; Provisions contained in the legislation.
- House passes satellite reform. // RCR;03/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the pro-competitive international satellite reform bill which the House Commerce Committe passed. Prediction that the bill will save American consumers billions of dollars; Indication that the bill was co-sponsored by Committee Chairman Thomas Bliley and Representative Edward Markey;...