Clinton Announces Retirement Plan
- Personal Retirement Savings Accounts (PRSAs). // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p47
Reports on the Irish government's proposals to require employers to facilitate employee access to personal retirement savings accounts. Requirements for affected employers; Key provisions.
- N.C. Senate Passes Raffle Bill. // Credit Union Times;5/25/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p15
The article reports that the North Carolina Senate has adopted an industry-supported bill to allow the savings account program "Save to Win" be included to monthly raffles and grand prize drawings.
- Millionaires in every house. Miller, Matthew // U.S. News & World Report;09/29/97, Vol. 123 Issue 12, p32
Opinion. Discusses the plan of Senator Bob Kerrey which would create new savings accounts for families barely able to pay the bills. The chance to give people in the United States with few assets a chance at wealth and security; The possible impact of the plan over time; Details on how the...
- New Federal Savings Plan Rules. // Banking;Feb69, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p89
Discusses the regulations governing federal payroll savings plan in the U.S. published in the November 27, 1968 issue of the 'Federal Register.' Scope of regulations; Definitions used in the regulations; Allotments of pay for savings accounts.
- Selling Europe's savings tax plan. Gray, Simon // International Money Marketing;Dec2002, p39
Reports that the European Commission has been trying to persuade six countries outside the European Union that they should fall into line with its planned Savings Tax Directive. Difficulties in implementing an automatic exchange of information; Switzerland's refusal to go along with the plan;...
- Deadline Looms. Panko, Ron // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb99, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p75
Reports that some insurers wanted the United States Congress to lift restrictions on medical savings accounts (MSA) to make it appealing to the uninsured. Number of MSA that could be sold between January 1, 1997 to December 31, 2000; Factors which are often blamed for the lagging sales in MSA;...
- Clinton's savings account plan unveiled. // Practical Accountant;Jun99, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p14
Introduces United States Bill Clinton's Universal Savings Account plan designed to encourage greater saving for retirement. Automatic government contribution to be received by workers and their spouses in low- or moderate-income households in the form of a refundable tax credit; Withdrawals...
- EU information-sharing plan in danger of deadlock. Gray, Simon // International Money Marketing;Dec2002, p4
Reports that the European Commission has been unable to persuade Switzerland to abandon banking secrecy. European Union's (EU) proposed savings directive; Switzerland's refusal to sign up for the automatic exchange of information on investments held in the country by EU citizens; Measures to...
- Budget aids benefit plans. // Business Insurance;4/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p8
Comments on the proposal of United States President George W. Bush's administration to amend the flexible spending accounts policy as of April 16, 2001. Proposal to abolish the use-it-or-lose-it rule mandated by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for flexible spending accounts owners; Proposal...