Oklahoma School Group Considers Citizen Petition Drive
- Dissent obscured common ground in TUSD dispute. McCorkle, Mary Belle // Inside Tucson Business;12/4/95, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p5
Opinion. Comments on the activity surrounding Tucson Unified School District's controversy with the Tucson Education Association. Sincere desire of both camps to do everything for the good of the students; Increasingly bitter dissension at a variety of levels through the district; Programs for...
- ESP Members Make `Partner'. // NEA Today;Nov98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the education-support employees as full partners in Plainfield Education Association in New Jersey. Goal of both the association and school district since 1995; Information on the `Partnership Reform Program' of the association; Achievements of the ESP Council and a Safety/Advisory...
- S.F. School Measure. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p31
Reports that board members of the San Francisco Unified School District have been considering a school bond measure for the elections to be held in November 2003. Possible usage of the proceeds from the bonds; Criticism of the district for mismanagement of funds, including bond proceeds.
- Bondless in Harper: Texas District Happily Debt-Free for 50 Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p4
No abstract available.
- New Orleans Sale a Sign of Recovery. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/26/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33355, p4
The article reports on the negotiated sale of 104.5 million U.S. dollars of general obligation refunding bonds by the Orleans Parish Parishwide School District which shows that New Orleans is recovering from the financial crisis in 2005.
- Pennsylvania court rejects schools' case. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30740, p3
No abstract available.
- S.C. schools play catch-up. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30835, p1
Reports on the plan of the Greenville County, South Carolina School District to issue debt as a away to accelerate its ten-year capital program. Provision of more bond proceeds without impinging upon the district's general obligation capacity; Plan's call for the creation of a stand-alone...
- San Autonio ISD Sets Its Biggest Issue for November Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/18/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33368, p3
The article reports on the plan of the San Antonio Independent School District (ISD) to ask voters to approve its bond proposal worth 515 million dollars for the upgrade of its facilities and technology in San Antonio, Texas.
- From famine to feast, Florida locals shift gears to get most from state aid. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p1
Reports on Florida school districts' problems on spending state bond proceeds. Problems with construction inflation; Broward County School District's postponement of a certificates of participation program; Dade County School District's spending $200 million of state funds.