Goldman's Cohen Says Corporate Bonds a Buy
- The Guru. S.W. // Money;Oct2001, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p78
Profiles Abby Joseph Cohen, chief United States portfolio strategist for Goldman Sachs. Her opinion that the S&P 500 is undervalued; Outlook for technology stock; Recommendation for Dell, Sun Microsystems, Enron, AOL Time Warner, and Merck.
- Financial Focus. Decker, Gary // Munday Courier (TX);5/16/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p3
The article presents tips for investing in bonds, such as checking bond ratings by ratings agencies such as Moody's and Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Rutgers Business Day. // Business News New Jersey;05/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p10
Highlights the 51st annual New Jersey Business Conference held on May 19, 1999 to benefit the Master of Business Administration program of Rutgers University in New Brunswick. Conference sponsors; Theme of the event; Luncheon speech by Abby Joseph Cohen, chair of the Investment Policy Committee...
- Are projections out of focus in the premium bond world? Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;7/3/2003, p22
Discusses the possibility that earnings projections are unrealistic. British Financial Services Authority order freezing projection rates for investment products; Insights from a research report by PricewaterhouseCoopers; Likelihood that bondholders will enjoy higher real returns.
- Altman, Market Debate High Yield Value. Appin, Rick // Bank Loan Report;11/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the analysis made by Edward Altman, professor at New York University's Lenoard M. Stern School of Business, regarding the rate of return for high yield bond investments in the U.S. Near-zero total returns suffered by junk bond investors; Impact of rising default rates on junk bond...
- Market index. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p16
Presents stock analysis, trading news and bond index statistics in the United States as of June 1, 1999. Includes Dow Jones and Standard & Poor's Analysis; Performance of traded stocks; Municipal bond current market levels.
- Determining the best investment moves during a market downturn. Murtagh, Joe // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p7
Offers tips on how to determine the best investment moves during a market downturn. Need to invest in savings account; Analysis of time horizon for the investment; Need to focus on short term bonds.
- PIIGS get Aflac dirty. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/7/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 23, p8
The article offers information on the 4.2 billion dollars bonds portfolio owned by Aflac Inc. which was invested from the five European countries Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, and Spain (PIIGS), that have been affected by several economic problems in Europe.
- Reconsider your bond fund's risk. Pogach, Kenneth S.; Sweet, Robert A.; Wright, David A. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/17/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p1
Gives advice to investors regarding the risk of buying bond funds. Need to evaluate whether the potential rewards of bond funds are worth the risk; Factors that causes investors to move to bond funds; Benefits of limiting exposure to bonds and bond funds with maturities exceeding 10 years.