Illinois Says Yes to Land, No to Schools
- Northeast Voters Approve Over $1 Billion of Bond Ballots. O'Brien, Elizabeth; Cataldo, Adam; McDonald, Michael; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p34
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Northeast on November 2, 2004. Measures approved in Rhode Island's bond referendums; Bond proposal for open space preservation in Long Island, New York; Bond measures for housing and community development in Maryland.
- Chicago-Area Voters Approve $200M For Land; School Ballots a Mixed Bag. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/19/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32611, p3
The article announces the approval of a $200 million borrowing by the Chicago area voters to preserve an open space in Illinois. Kane Country Forest Preserve District was authorized to sell $85 million of bonds to buy undeveloped land as well as Kendall County Forest Preserve District and...
- N.J. Land Preservation Trust Proposes $1 Billion in Zero-Coupons. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p36
Reports the proposal to issue zero-coupon bonds for the purchase of lands in preserving the open space in New Jersey. Concerns on the approval of the proposal by the state treasurer; Mechanism of funding the project; Means of maximizing the resources for preservation project.
- Editorial: Deeply question open space bond proposal. // Inside Tucson Business;1/28/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p7
The article focuses on issues involving the recommendation from the bond committee in Pima County, Arizona for the county to seek 182 million dollars as part of a total bond package request to purchase an open space.
- City wants bonds guaranteed; Chamber takes sides. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;4/12/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the opposition of the Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce on the proposal of including the open space in Pima County in the bond election in Arizona. Concern of the group on the lack of oversight and accountability to ensure the revenues will be spent in accordance with the...
- Some Local Mirrors of What Matters. // Time;11/20/1972, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p22
The article focuses on the issues concerning constitutional amendments and referendums that should be handled by the voters in the U.S. It mentions that the voters are faced with different local issues, in which their sentiments serve as a mirror on what really matters for the Americans. It...
- Deeply question open space bond proposal. // Inside Tucson Business;12/8/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p4
No abstract available.
- Voters spring for open space efforts. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/13/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on Westchester County, New York voters' approval of open-space preservation efforts. Need for communities to limit the amount of land available for future development; Allocation of millions of dollars in public funds toward open space initiatives.
- Get out and vote for the open space bonds. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/22/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 45, p10A
Encourages voters in Long Island, New York to participate in the November 2004 elections and vote in support of four open-space preservation bond propositions. Need to continue funding land acquisitions in Suffolk and Nassau Counties; Concerns about the proper use of the bonds.