UBC Throws in the Towel
- UnionBanc Chief Sees Rebranding, Deals Lifting It. Buurma, Christine // American Banker;2/9/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 27, p11
This article discusses the consolidation of Union Bank of California's insurance agencies under one brand. Johannes Worsoe of the UnionBanCal Corp. says they want to run a single agency as opposed to running a portfolio of agencies in order to compete with other bank-owned insurance businesses....
- Union Bank Agency to Restart Revenue Push Through Deals. Gottlieb, Jenna // American Banker;3/29/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 59, p9
Focuses on Union Bank of California's Dale Jansen and its subsidiary, UBOC Insurance. His views on deals and future acquisitions; What UBOC looks for in an agency, especially geography; Companies that UBOC has purchased, including Tanner Insurance Brokers Inc.; Why the bank entered insurance;...
- Union Bank of S.F. aims to play in fund big leagues. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;2/22/95, Vol. 160 Issue 35, p8
Features Union Bank of San Francisco. Plans to be on the buying side when the heralded consolidations hit bank-managed mutual funds; Launching of an international equity fund; Boosting of assets under management; Backing by Bank of Tokyo Ltd.
- Union of Calif. spending 40% of ad budget on minorities. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;4/29/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 80, p4
Reports that Union Bank of California states that it will direct 40 per cent of its advertising budget toward minority groups. Information on advertising campaigns initiated by the bank, for Hispanics, Chinese-Americans and African-Americans; Details on the ads; Comments from George A. Ramirez,...
- Union shifts aim to homebuyers. Hornblass, Jonathan S. // American Banker;1/25/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 16, p10
Reports on Union Bank of San Diego's offering of 30-year adjustable-rate mortgages in anticipation of growth in home-purchase market. Features of the 30-year mortgages; Bank's marketing of the mortgage loan; Wells Fargo Bank's offer of a product similar to Union's.
- Union Bank of California eyeing Wenatchee market. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar97, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on Union Bank of California's search for a possible expansion site for a new bank branch in the Wenatchee Valley, Washington State.
- Business outlook stable for Valley. McLain, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/17/2006, Issue 323531, p1
The article reports on a survey conducted by Union Bank of California that focuses on the business condition of small businesses in Fresno County. Several business owners view this issue
- Calif.'s Union Melds Insurance. // American Banker;2/3/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 23, p7
This article presents information about the announcement by Union Bank of California that it had consolidated its insurance operations under a single brand name, UnionBanc Insurance Services Inc. The San Francisco-based bank's insurance business comprises four California agencies: Armstrong...
- State Taps Union Bank. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32322, p29
The article reports on the selection of the Union Bank of California as the next provider of securities custody services for Washington.