- MANUFACTURERS BY PRODUCT CATEGORY. // Fire Engineering;Jan2012, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p123
The article presents a directory of fire engineering manufacturers organized by product categories, including air bags, portable ladders, and water rescue equipment.
- Rescue rope: Lifeline vs. the bottom line. Dean, Chuck // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p61
Highlights a test conducted by a fire department to quantify rope degradation and safety factor. Suitability of ropes used for rescue within the fire service; Reuse of ropes due to budgetary constraints; Average breaking strength; Use of data for risk management decisions.
- Defibrillator grants for qualifying volunteer squads and departments. // Fire Engineering;Apr99, Vol. 152 Issue 4, p40
Announces the availability of defibrillator grants worth up to $1,000 through the Prudential 1999 Helping Hearts Program to volunteer rescue squads and fire departments. Qualifications.
- APPARATUSDELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p130
The article features fire trucks from several fire departments in the U.S. The Houston, Pennsylvania Fire Department has a Pierce pumper with 179 inch wheelbase for small rural areas with narrow streets. The Kalona, Iowa Fire Department's Alexis rescue truck has enough storage, provides a safer...
- `Spirit of Miami'. Fisher, James A. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p58
Presents equipment used by the Fire-Rescue Department in Miami, Florida. Navistar International chassis; Allison automatic transmission; Telma electro-magnetic brake retarder; Compartments.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p81
Presents equipment deliveries for fire departments in the United States as of July 1995. Pumper from Pierce delivered at the Union Township Fire Department in New Jersey; Tanker from J.C. Moore Industries Inc. at the Shelburne Fire Company in Massachusetts; Attack pumpers from Master Body Sales...
- Getting the most from your pumping apparatus. Carlson, Gene P. // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the considerations in the specification of pumping apparatus. History of pumping apparatus; Pump size specification in the 1991 edition of the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) 1901 `Pumping Fire Apparatus'; Versatility; Water tank size; Innovative concepts addressing the...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Dec95, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p73
Presents various fire prevention apparatus being used by different fire departments in the United States. Features and design of the equipment; Utilization of Emergency One pumper by the Williamson County Rescue Squad of Tennessee; Use of Darley pumper by the Idalou Fire Department of Texas;...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Oct96, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p120
Presents fire engineering-related products, services and media. Includes electronic alarming dosimeter from Rados Technology Inc.; Fire safety house from Serro Scotty R.V.; ThunderFog nozzles from KK Products.