- First Responders a Priority. Barnes, Scottie // Geospatial Solutions;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p18
Reports the prioritization for first responders in the U.S. Necessity of having the resources necessary to respond to emergencies; Increase in first-response funding; Outline for a nationwide database of building designs and evacuation plans for critical structures.
- USCG's Survival Checklist. // Boating World;Jun2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Presents the survival checklist of the U.S. Coast Guard. Wearing of a life jacket with a reflective tape or mirror attached as well as a noise-producing device; Importance of keeping a positive attitude about survival and rescue.
- To save your life in the cold, simply invest 23Â¢–or you can just pay the $2. Connelly, Dolly // Sports Illustrated;07/26/1971, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p7
The article features a storm kit from the Mountain Rescue Association (MRA).
- Innovative Equipment That Can Lift, Shift, Stabilize & Penetrate. // Fire Engineering;Dec2016, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p92
The article offers brief information on several emergency and rescue equipment and products from Paratech Inc. including the MultiForce Air Lifting Bags, the HydraFusion Struts (HFS), and the Special Mission Tenderâ„¢ (SMT) for urban search and rescue and trench.
- BE PREPARED - IT WORKS. Anders, Mark // Boys' Life;Aug2005, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p34
Relates how Wyoming scouts put their training to use in a heroic high-altitude rescue operation involving climber April Arnold in August 2005.
- RESCUE ON BORAH PEAK. Hayhurst, Chris // Boys' Life;Aug2005, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p37
Relates how the Scouts of Troop 321 put their training to use as they rescue hiker Merie Thomsen who injured himself during a trek at Borah Peak in Idaho in July 2004.
- A FED EX PICKUP, IN TIME. Mitchell, Greg // Editor & Publisher;Apr2008, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p16
This section presents a photograph of a FedEx employee getting of a man out of his car after being carried off by flood water.
- LOST! Chapman, Monica // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jan-Mar2000, Issue 75, p38
Focuses on the Bushwalkers Search & Rescue (BS&R) section of the Victorian Walking Clubs and relates several search and rescue stories in Victoria. How the BS&R was formed; Strategy used in the search for Patrick `Paddy' Hildebrand, an intellectually disabled nine-year-old who was lost in...
- The heroes of Pea Island. Hill, Martin // Boys' Life;Aug98, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p7
Illustrates the history of heroism of the coast guard in Pea Island station in rescuing sailors in trouble. Etheridge as the Pea Island station keeper; Pea Island rescue operation; Award received by Etheridge and his men in 1996.