- First Responders a Priority. Barnes, Scottie // Geospatial Solutions;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p18
Reports the prioritization for first responders in the U.S. Necessity of having the resources necessary to respond to emergencies; Increase in first-response funding; Outline for a nationwide database of building designs and evacuation plans for critical structures.
- USCG's Survival Checklist. // Boating World;Jun2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Presents the survival checklist of the U.S. Coast Guard. Wearing of a life jacket with a reflective tape or mirror attached as well as a noise-producing device; Importance of keeping a positive attitude about survival and rescue.
- To save your life in the cold, simply invest 23Â¢–or you can just pay the $2. Connelly, Dolly // Sports Illustrated;07/26/1971, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p7
The article features a storm kit from the Mountain Rescue Association (MRA).
- RESCUE ON BORAH PEAK. Hayhurst, Chris // Boys' Life;Aug2005, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p37
Relates how the Scouts of Troop 321 put their training to use as they rescue hiker Merie Thomsen who injured himself during a trek at Borah Peak in Idaho in July 2004.
- BE PREPARED - IT WORKS. Anders, Mark // Boys' Life;Aug2005, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p34
Relates how Wyoming scouts put their training to use in a heroic high-altitude rescue operation involving climber April Arnold in August 2005.
- Montracon employees praised for fire rescue help. // Commercial Motor;8/23/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5498, p8
The article reports that two Montracon employees were commended by Humberside Fire and Rescue Service (HFRS) after helping firefighters in dealing with a fire at the manufacturer's Market Weighton factory on August 7, 2012 in England.
- A FED EX PICKUP, IN TIME. Mitchell, Greg // Editor & Publisher;Apr2008, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p16
This section presents a photograph of a FedEx employee getting of a man out of his car after being carried off by flood water.
- LOST! Chapman, Monica // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jan-Mar2000, Issue 75, p38
Focuses on the Bushwalkers Search & Rescue (BS&R) section of the Victorian Walking Clubs and relates several search and rescue stories in Victoria. How the BS&R was formed; Strategy used in the search for Patrick `Paddy' Hildebrand, an intellectually disabled nine-year-old who was lost in...
- The heroes of Pea Island. Hill, Martin // Boys' Life;Aug98, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p7
Illustrates the history of heroism of the coast guard in Pea Island station in rescuing sailors in trouble. Etheridge as the Pea Island station keeper; Pea Island rescue operation; Award received by Etheridge and his men in 1996.