Not Taken for Granted
- United States : UTICA FIRE DEPARTMENT receives DHS grant for operations and safety. // TendersInfo News;8/4/2014, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's offering of a grant of 46,550 dollars to the Utica Fire Department in New York for operations and safety.
- Request grant-ed? Gordon, Jay // Uniforms;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses how organizations can look for grants that can help them with their uniform and equipment program in the U.S. Organizations can use the Responder Knowledge Base, an online grant resources site. It provides information on products, standards and certifications. It also...
- DHS Opens '07 FIRE Grants Applications. // Fire Chief;Apr2007, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p14
The article announces that the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Grants and Training will be accepting fire grant applications in the U.S. The 2007 Assistance to Firefighters Grants will award about $492.3 million to qualified applicants. Operations and safety and vehicle acquisitions...
- House passes FY 2005 Homeland Security Appropriations. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p54
Reports on the passage of the fiscal year 2005 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill by the U.S. House of Representatives. Details on the funding for the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Firefighters Act; Administration of a grant program to the local fire...
- Grant Funds Trickle to States. // Fire Chief;Jun2004, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) first-responder grant funding. Estimation of the total amount given out by the DHS to state and local governments under a variety of domestic preparedness programs; Speculation from fire officials that most of the funding went to law...
- DHS REORGANIZATION SHOWS A FIRE SERVICE ON THE MARCH. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p8
Discusses the implications of the United States Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) reorganization plan for the fire service. Claims that splitting the response and preparedness functions within DHS is not counterintuitive; Increase in the fire service's clout within DHS; Consistency of the...
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security boosting funding to P.R. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;5/8/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p44
Reports on the date due for the submission of applications to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office for Domestic Preparedness grants in Puerto Rico. Total amount of the federal aid; Proceeds of the funds; Electronic filing available.
- Homeland Security grants additional $2.2 million to Puerto Rico/USVI maritime facilities. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;6/26/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p4
Confirms that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has awarded a grant to the Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands region for port-security investments. Allocation of funds for infrastructure improvement.
- DHS grants boost safety at 27 NJ Jewish sites. WIENER, ROBERT // New Jersey Jewish News;9/1/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 35, p4
The article reports that new security grants from the U.S. federal Department of Homeland Security have been awarded to 27 Jewish institutions in New Jersey in 2011.