Magic Numbers Do Departments No Favors
- Here Come the Firefighters! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p2
Provides information on firefighters.
- MEET A FIREFIGHTER. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2 (Teacher's Edition);Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p7
Presents a guide to teaching about firefighter.
- HEAT WAVE. DOUGLAS, KRISTEN // Editor & Publisher;Jun2012, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p16
A photograph of a fire drill conducted by Campbell River firefighters, British Columbia, is presented.
- 19 firefighters die in Ariz. wildfire (with related video). // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/ 1/2013, p1
The article reports on the death of 19 members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots of the Fire Department of Prescott, Arizona who were trying to put out the Yarnell Hill Fire.
- A cooperative approach to building a healthier fire service. // Fire Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p53
Discusses The Fire Service Joint Labor Management Well/Fitness Initiative. Information about the Initiative; Provision for comprehensive mandatory annual medical exams by the fire department; Provision for workout scheduling, resource support and/or access to resources on duty to support...
- Braggin' rights go to Kyle Fire Dept. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/18/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 27, Special Section p1
The article presents the photographs of the 2006 annual Kyle Fire department function.
- Democrats offering ambitious agenda to firefighter union. Wilson, Reid // Hill;3/17/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p8
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Democratic members to pursue funding for firefighter in the coming session of the congress.
- Line-of-Duty Deaths. // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p52
Cites several firefighters who died in the line of duty in the U.S.
- NIOSH Reports on Rollover, Collapse Deaths. // Fire Chief;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the death of a New Mexico assistant chief firefighter death in a tanker rollover and Pennsylvania lieutenant's death in residential structure fire collapse. Details of the two incidents.