Chicago Adopts Segways for Events
- Texas' biggest fish fry set for 37th annual run at West Shore. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p9
The article focuses on the 37th annual fish fry to be hosted by the West Shore Volunteer Fire Department in Texas on September 2, 2006. $7 is the cost of an all-you-can-eat plate per person. Whiskey Hill and Kelly Lawson-Jones will be performing in the event. There will be an ambulance crew on...
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p133
A calendar of events of interest to firefighters and other emergency responders lists U.S. events for March through June, 2007. A course entitled "Fireground Search Operations" will be held March 19-21 in Indianapolis, Indiana. An aircraft cargo conference sponsored by the Aircraft Rescue &...
- DON'T GET TYPECAST. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on considerations when purchasing ambulances. Requirements for ambulances purchased by the federal government; Standard for ambulance design in the U.S.; Introduction of ambulance chassis; Ambulance designs to respond to the changing needs of fire service customers; Components and...
- Smart Specs. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p86
The article focuses on the new schemes for the command units developed by four departments in the U.S. The West Palm Beach Fire Rescue has provided its emergency medical service (EMS) duty officer with the non-traditional command vehicle. The Atlantic County Office of Emergency Management is...
- Tip the Balance. Kearney, James // Fire Chief;Aug2008, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p106
The article reports on what fire departments need to do in case of vehicle extrication in the U.S. It states that without cribbing, spreader tips have little area in contact with ground, which causes instability. It is important to plan before doing a rescue attempt. It adds that crews may need...
- First response to medical events. Haase, Richard R. // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p72
Discusses fire department operations' role of giving primary response to emergency medical care requests. Benefits of such services; Safety of the rescuers; Primary access and protection from exposure; Examination and evaluation of patient; Controlling life-threatening injuries; Treating...
- North Las Vegas FD Reinstates Emergency Transports. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;10/20/2011, p2
The article reports that the city council in North Las Vegas has reinstated the use of emergency medical service (EMS) transports by the Fire Department in Las Vegas, Nevada one month after it was removed in October 201.
- SAFER Application Period Now Open. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/16/2012, p2
The article announces that fire departments can apply for the Fiscal Year 2012 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response grants, where the application period closes on August 10, 2012.
- CFAI accredits 13 agencies. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/7/2013, p3
The article reports that the Commission on Fire Service Accreditation International has provided accredited agency status to various fire service agencies including NSA Souda Bay Fire & Emergency Services, Ramstein AB Fire & Emergency Services, and MCAS Yuma Fire Department.