Can She Do That?
- Disqualifying an Opponent's Expert When the Expert Is Your Client's Former Employee. Burke, Brian // Defense Counsel Journal;Jan1999, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p69
Povides information on how to disqualify adversary's expert consultant when the expert is the party's former employee. Tips for a litigant; Situations wherein it may occur; Changing side cases; Former employee cases.
- Lawyers, Courts Administration fight over self-representation under Pro Se. Vélez, Eva Lloréns // Caribbean Business;6/14/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 23, p32
The article reports on the dispute between Puerto Rico attorneys and the Courts Administration concerning adequacy of the Pro Se Program. It notes that Pro Se Program enables individuals to represent themselves in court proceedings. It mentions that Pro Se is the Spanish acronym for Access...
- Did you know? // Swimming World & Junior Swimmer;Jul95, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p28
Profiles Gertrude Ederle, first woman to swim the English Channel. Participation in the 9124 Olympic team; Achievements; Performance in vaudeville shows, films and swimming exhibitions.
- GERTRUDE EDERLE. // Great Athletes (Salem Press);2001, p687
Profiles swimmer Gertrude Ederle.
- FOREIGN SOLUTIONS TO THE U.S. PRO SE PHENOMENON. Buxton, Tiffany // Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law;Winter2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p103
Examines the traditional problems associated with the appearance of pro se litigants and the domestic countermeasures in place to assist pro se parties in the United States. Origins of the right to proceed in litigation in pro se; Justifications for the continued use of pro se; Educational...
- CALENDAR. // New Moon Girls;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p32
The article presents the National Sugar Cokie Day on July 9, the National Lasagna Day on July 29 and the day that Gertrude Ederle swims the English channel on August 6, 1926.
- "AMERICA'S BEST GIRL". . . Masin, Herman L. // Coach & Athletic Director;Feb2004, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p18
Pays tribute to former swimmer Gertrude Ederle who died on December 1, 2003.
- America's Best Girl. Fern, Tracey E. // Highlights for Children;Jun2001, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p16
Presents information on swimmer Gertrude Ederle, who became the first woman and fastest person to swim the English Channel in 1926.
- Self-Help Speeds Up. Carter, Terry // ABA Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p34
Explores the impact of pro se litigants on the justice system and courts. Role of the State Justice Institute in the increased number of self-represented litigants; Overview of rulings by courts on the constitutional right to represent oneself in court; Impact of the increased number of pro se...