Supreme Court slaps for-sale sign on medicare
- Court upholds final version of HIPAA privacy regulations. Sfikas, Peter M. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jun2004, Vol. 135 Issue 6, p806
Reports that a federal district court decision upheld the final version of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, which allow health care entities covered by the rules to disclose patients' protected health information for routine purposes without first obtaining the...
- HIPPA and the regulatory jungle. Singer, Karl // Patient Care;10/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p7
Editorial. Comments on provisions incorporated in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Discussion on federal health care programs; Regulations imposed to physicians.
- Good cop, better cop. Versel, Neil // Modern Physician;Apr2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the implementation of the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act privacy rules in the U.S. in April 2003. Action taken by the U.S. Health and Human Services to resolve complaints about the ruling; Forum held in an attempt to ease the fears of the healthcare...
- Fair-Share Showdown. Burr, Michael T. // InsideCounsel;Jun2006, Vol. 16 Issue 175, p32
Discusses issues arising from fair-share health insurance legislation in the U.S. Estimated number of states that enacted such legislation; Constitutional challenges facing health care policy; Benefits of health care laws. INSET: State of Fair Share.
- Canada's Health Care System – Reform Delayed. Detsky, Allan S.; Naylor, C. David // New England Journal of Medicine;8/21/2003, Vol. 349 Issue 8, p804
The article explores the development of Canada's health care system. The government-funded health insurance system was initially established in 1957, when the federal government passed legislation providing financial incentives for the provincial governments to establish universal hospital...
- The Newborn Health Insurance Exclusion Clause Eradicated in Ohio. Benfield, D. Gary // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1976, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
The American Academy of Pediatrics with the assistance of the Health Insurance Association of America, a voluntary trade association representing some 320 insurance carriers in matters of legislation and regulation, developed a Model Newborn Insurance Bill which provided health insurance...
- North Country firms buckle under SB 110. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;4/16/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p9B
Discusses the impact of New Hampshire's Senate Bill 110, the health insurance rating law for small business, on businesses operating in North Country. Effectivity of the law since January 2004; Significant provisions of Senate Bill 110; High premiums to be paid by North Country businesses.
- Illegible Prescription. Steuerle, Eugene // Financial Planning;Jan2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p136
Assesses the debate over Medicare prescription drug insurance bill considered by the U.S. Congress. Expenses on health care for every household; Share of health costs in households' personal income; Source of the budget for prescription drug insurance.
- Can it Work? Tobler, Laura; Hager, Christie L. // State Legislatures;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p22
The article discusses the health care reforms adopted by New England states Maine, Massachusetts and Vermont. The goal of Maine's Dirigo Health is to contain costs and improve the quality of care, aiming for universal coverage by 2009. On April 12, 2006, Massachusetts enacted legislation aiming...