Vaccination boosts adult immunity to varicella zoster virus
- Take steps to keep horses healthy. // High Plains Journal;5/12/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 19, p18B
The article offers tips on how to keep the horses healthy and to keep them away from the Equine Herpesvirus Myeloencephalopathy (EHM) including calling the veterinarian when the temperature of the horse is 10.5 F, giving vaccines, and preventing them from getting in contact with contaminated items.
- Nucleotide Sequences that Distinguish Oka Vaccine from Parental Oka and Other Varicella-Zoster... Argaw, Takele; Cohen, Jeffrey I.; Klutch, Michael; Lekstrom, Kristen; Yoshikawa, Tetsushi; Asano, Yoshizo; Krause, Philip R. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;3/1/2000, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p1153
Identifies nucleotide sequences that distinguish Oka vaccine from parental Oka and other varicella-zoster virus isolates. Predicted difference in amino acid sequences; Stability of nucleotide changes identified in Oka vaccine viruses after passage in human subjects; Factors attributing to the...
- Vaccine Approved for Shingles in Older People. // FDA Consumer;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p38
The article offers information on Zostavax, a vaccine that could reduce the risk of shingles in older people. Shingles is a disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. The vaccine not only prevented approximately half of the cases, but also slightly...
- Herpesvirus Vaccines: An Update. Jennings, R.; Green, T.; Kinghorn, G.R. // BioDrugs;1998, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p257
The development of vaccines against the herpesviruses has major public health importance because of the wide spectrum of associated clinical disease with this virus in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised populations. Because these viruses establish latent infections capable of subsequent...
- Cost-Effectiveness of Herpes Zoster Vaccine: Flawed Assumptions Regarding Efficacy against Postherpetic Neuralgia. Brisson, Marc; Pellissier, James M.; Levin, Myron J. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2007, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p1527
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the study by M. B. Rothberg and colleagues which examines the cost effectiveness of a vaccine to prevent herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia (PHN).
- Call to use herpes zoster vaccine in older people. // Pulse;5/5/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p9
The article reports on the result of a study made by U.S. researchers which revealed that herpes zoster vaccine should be routinely used to protect older people from shingles.
- Varicella zoster vaccine worth the cost? // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;10/7/2006, Issue 513, p5
The article discusses research on the cost effectiveness of a varicella zoster virus live vaccine, reference to a study by J. Hornberger and colleagues, published in the September 5, 2006 issue of the journal "Annals of Internal Medicine." The quality-adjusted life survival of patients who were...
- Antiviral vaccine may reduce genital herpes episodes, help prevent spread. // Modern Medicine;Apr94, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p31
Reports on the results of a study assessing the effectiveness of a new vaccine in reducing the rate of genital herpes episodes. Study of 98 patients with recurring genital herpes; Recombinant HSV-2 glycoproteins contained in the vaccine.
- Herpes vaccine works for women exclusively. Hannapel, Coriene E. // Dermatology Times;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the effectiveness of a vaccine against genital herpes disease that works only for women who are seronegative for herpes simplex virus-1 and 2. Success of vaccine due to an adjuvant; Composition of the adjuvant; Results of experimental studies; Speculations on vaccine efficacy only in...