To be precise
- Thin-section bearings save space and weight. // Machine Design;8/24/95, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p88
Focuses on thin-section bearings. Features; Applications; Impact on overall system cost; Limitations with four-point contact bearings; Cross calculations. INSET: How preload affects axial deflection..
- How to pick the best bearing. // Machine Design;8/24/95, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p90
Offers tips on how to select bearings. Split-spherical ball bearings; Loader-slot bearings; Metal-swaged bearing; Teflon-lined swaged bearing; Roller bearings.
- Bronze and copper-alloy bearings. // Machine Design;8/24/95, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p126
Focuses on bronze and copper-alloy bearings. Description; Load capacity; High-temperature operations; Comparison with babbitts; Wear and scoring resistance.
- How hydrodynamic bearings work. // Machine Design;8/24/95, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p132
Discusses how hydrodynamic bearings work. Clearance between journal and bearing; Rotation; Pressure to support the journal; Thrust reaction; Modification to tilt-pad bearings. INSET: Hydrostatic bearings start easily without wear..
- Linear rotary bearings. // Machine Design;8/24/95, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p142
Focuses on linear rotary bearings. Description; Applications; Types; Ball splines; Designs. INSET: What to consider when applying automatic lubrication..
- Bearings. // Machine Design;1/11/96, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p102
Features several bearings and their corresponding manufacturer and characteristics. Includes the E-Type spherical roller bearings; Fafnir Medium Y-Series; Pacific Bearing Co.'s miniature bearings; New Hampshire Ball Bearings Inc.'s care bearings; Schneeberger Inc.'s needle cages for linear...
- Guidelines for ensuring longer bearing life. // Machine Design;08/21/97, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p122
Presents guidelines to maximize bearing life. Types of problems which affects bearings. INSET: Worm-drive-rotation systems..
- Diagnosing bearing problems. // Machine Design;08/21/97, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p140
Focuses on the problems associated with bearings. Important of determining the cause of problems before making adjustments when bearings fail; Impact of overheating on bearings; How to correct bearings from external vibration.
- Sealed bearings survive washdown. // Prepared Foods;Jul97, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p101
Presents information on Gills Onions, focusing on their sealed bearings which features corrosion-resistant housings with end caps. Types of housings and bearings the company used; Details on how bearing housings are available; Indepth look at how the housing is engineered for strength and...