- Russians speed up tax reform. // Accountancy;Dec1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1252, p14
Reports on the factors that will contribute to the success of the single European market. Erosion of fiscal sovereignty of European member nations; Proposed value-added tax system.
- Four decades to save the world. // Accountancy;Dec1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1252, p27
Focuses on the effects of the single European currency on Great Britain. Changes in the accounting system of commercial businesses; Contact information.
- EMBRACING THE EURO. Kramer, Jane // New Yorker;1/21/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 44, p24
Reports the adoption of the euro as the monetary union in Europe. Impact of the change in monetary union on the economy; Confusion over the value of the euro; Profits generated by shops and restaurants due to the introduction of the euro.
- European currency will be more than a trade tool. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/05/98, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p8
Opinion. Discusses the euro, a European common currency that will take effect in 1999. Questions the impact a common currency will have on cultural differences in European nations; Belief that a single currency will bring the nations under a single economic umbrella that is going to be...
- It's a window! It's a gate! It's the euro! Lawday, David // New Statesman;9/17/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4555, p30
Looks at how the French accepted the new euro currency that end their 200 years old franc currency. Description of the euro currency; Promotion efforts made by the European Central Bank to make the euro acceptable to Europeans; Countries belonging to the European Union which have adopted the...
- Get ready for the Euro. // Credit Management;Jul99, p10
Reports on the launch of a CD-ROM to help small and medium enterprises (SME) in Great Britain cope with introduction of the euro currency. Currency's impact on trade; SME's usage level of e-mail and internet.
- Euro Conversion Is a U.S Issue, Too. Nielsen, Allen L.; Dowd, Robert L. // American Banker;11/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 216, p18
Focuses on the advantages of using the Euro currency for countries in the European Economic and Monetary Union. Reduction of bookkeeping on dealing with a multitude of countries; Incorporation of financial buffer by the European Union suppliers to minimize the effects of value changes in the...
- Indian Institute replies. Currie, Brian // Accountancy;Apr97, Vol. 119 Issue 1244, p4
Focuses on the preparations for the introduction of euro. Preparations for the Year 2000 date conversion; Countries eligible to join the European Monetary Union.
- Go with the flow? // Management Today;May99, p94
Focuses on the implications of the euro currency introduction in the market. Study on price differentials across the eurozone and the United Kingdom; Factors affecting price differentials; Impact of the new currency on the supply chain; Predictions on the key market players in the new currency.