- EMBRACING THE EURO. Kramer, Jane // New Yorker;1/21/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 44, p24
Reports the adoption of the euro as the monetary union in Europe. Impact of the change in monetary union on the economy; Confusion over the value of the euro; Profits generated by shops and restaurants due to the introduction of the euro.
- European currency will be more than a trade tool. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/05/98, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p8
Opinion. Discusses the euro, a European common currency that will take effect in 1999. Questions the impact a common currency will have on cultural differences in European nations; Belief that a single currency will bring the nations under a single economic umbrella that is going to be...
- It's a window! It's a gate! It's the euro! Lawday, David // New Statesman;9/17/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4555, p30
Looks at how the French accepted the new euro currency that end their 200 years old franc currency. Description of the euro currency; Promotion efforts made by the European Central Bank to make the euro acceptable to Europeans; Countries belonging to the European Union which have adopted the...
- Get ready for the Euro. // Credit Management;Jul99, p10
Reports on the launch of a CD-ROM to help small and medium enterprises (SME) in Great Britain cope with introduction of the euro currency. Currency's impact on trade; SME's usage level of e-mail and internet.
- Euro Conversion Is a U.S Issue, Too. Nielsen, Allen L.; Dowd, Robert L. // American Banker;11/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 216, p18
Focuses on the advantages of using the Euro currency for countries in the European Economic and Monetary Union. Reduction of bookkeeping on dealing with a multitude of countries; Incorporation of financial buffer by the European Union suppliers to minimize the effects of value changes in the...
- Indian Institute replies. Currie, Brian // Accountancy;Apr97, Vol. 119 Issue 1244, p4
Focuses on the preparations for the introduction of euro. Preparations for the Year 2000 date conversion; Countries eligible to join the European Monetary Union.
- Euro launch creates threats, opportunity. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/04/99, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on the effect of the launching of the euro currency on the global business environment. Purpose of the launching of a single currency; List of countries that make up the monetary union; Implications for the countries involved; Plans of the British government to join the union;...
- Brother Can You Spare a Euro? Biederman, David // Traffic World;10/5/98, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p44
Reports the use of euro as the national currency in the European Union Countries. Conversion of euro in an electronic format; Impact of monetary union on the United States exporters; Advantages of the monetary union to consumers.
- We can't ignore euro implications. // Works Management;May2000, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p3
Discusses the need for the British government to address euro issue as soon as possible. Impact of the growing strength of the sterling against the euro for manufacturing industries in Great Britain; Questions raised over the need for Great Britain to join the European monetary union; Need for...