- Reputations at stake. Temperton, Ellen // People Management;4/22/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the British House of Lords' decision in Malik v Bank of Credit & Commerce International case, which ruled that employees handicapped in the job market resulted from their employer's reputation could claim damages beyond the notice period, called stigma damages. Limit for claim...
- New Disability Definition Has Businesses Worried. Bronstad, Amanda // Orange County Business Journal;8/16/2001-8/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p7
Reports on business concerns about amendments to California's disability legislation, which became effective at the beginning of 2001. Opening up of the definition of disability; Increased costs and time for employers who will be forced to find accommodation for employees; Amendments'...
- Employing the disabled - a code of practice? // Accountancy;Oct82, Vol. 93 Issue 1070, p22
Reports on calls for changes in the Disabled Persons Act of 1944 in Great Britain in 1982. Obligation of employers to have a quota of disabled persons in their employment.
- Disabled persons. // Accountancy;Oct92, Vol. 110 Issue 1190, p102
Focuses on the British Employment Policy Institute's report 'Disabled in the Labour Market: Economic Report.'
- Supreme Court Hands Down Decision in ADA Case. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p20
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has handed down a decision in an Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) case at the end of May 1999. Conflict between the employer and employees since the enactment of the ADA; Difficult issues under the ADA for employers; Details on the claims of...
- Ask an expert. Cuthbert, Simon // Learning Disability Today;Jun2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p33
The article focuses on a case of discrimination against a job applicant with a disability in Great Britain. Under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA), potential employees may be considered disabled if they have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term adverse...
- ADA Overview and Update: What Has the Supreme Court Done to Disability Law? Kimberlin, Diane L.; Headley, Linda Ottinger // Review of Litigation;Summer2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p579
Examines the impact of U.S. Supreme Court decisions on the implementation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as of 2000. Persons protected by the ADA; Employment practices regulated by the ADA; Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's guidance on mental disabilities; Essential...
- Tiptoeing through HR legal minefields. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;07/12/99, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p19
Reports that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), employee retaliation claims and sexual harassment claims, all present legal minefields through which employers must navigate. Difficulty in traversing the ADA minefield; Advantages and disadvantages of the guidance issued by Equal...
- Know the rules. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on the need for United States-based employers to work within the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Goal of preventing discrimination against people with disabilities; Proper use of screenings; Application of ADA rules to long-term employees who claim addiction.