Counting the hours
- France's 35-hour work week. Hayden, Anders // Canadian Dimension;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on France's 35-hour work week law. Controversies that came out after the first law declaring 35 hours as the legal standard on January 1, 2000 was approved; Criticisms against the law; Positive results of the law; Introduction of the second 35-hour bill in June 1999; Refusal of the...
- DEFINING 'HOURS WORKED' UNDER THE FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT. Colson, Robert H.; Pollack, Jeffrey D. // CPA Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p56
Deals with defining `hours worked' under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Discussion on determining `hours worked'; Provisions of the FLSA.
- Sleep on the job. Robins, Jon // Lawyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p20
Examines the laws governing hours of labor in Great Britain. Implications of the European Court's ruling that junior doctors' sleeping hours on the job should be considered as working time on trade-union lawyers; Impact of the European directive on hours of labor on the National Health Service....
- France announces 35-hour work week--any U.S. workforce... Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce (10928332);Jul98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p13
Reports that France gave the final approval to a law that will cut legal workweek from 39 hours to 35 hours by the year 2000. Opposition of French business leaders against the law; Implication of the law on the United States workforce.
- Notice the difference. Hagestadt, Charlotte // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p23
Focuses on the rules on statutory notice periods in the working time regulations in Great Britain. Information on collective agreements incorporated to employment contracts; details on maternity leave and pro-rata amount of paid leave.
- Working hours and holidays regulated. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec1997, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the Irish government's issuance of an order commencing the provisions of the Organization of Working Time Act of 1997, which regulate the working hours of all employees. Effectivity of the law; Holiday entitlement provided in the act; Provisions with regard to providing information...
- Troubled times. Nickson, Sue // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jun2000, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the Working Time Regulations 1998 in Great Britain. What the regulation addresses; Definition of working time; Provisions of the regulation; Related cases.
- EC: apparent agreement on Working Time Directive. Jeffreys, Simon // Accountancy;Aug1992, Vol. 110 Issue 1188, p97
Presents updates on the European Commission's proposed directive on working time, as of August 1992. Requirements of the directive; Provisions for derogation; Potential obstacles to the directive's implementation.
- A matter of time. // Employers Law;Oct2015, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to Working Time regulations including what counts as working time, conditions for inclusion of travelling time in working time calculation, and who are covered under Working Time Regulations 1998 working hours provisions.