Who's filing what?
- Weekly dilemma... seconding employees overseas. Ford, Hannah // Personnel Today;9/30/2008, p10
The article provides an answer to a question regarding seconding employees overseas.
- In the wake of the Nolan recommendations... // Management Today;Feb1996, p8
Examines if there is any point in British businesses retaining parliamentarians as consultants. Banning of paid advocacy by the Nolan recommendations; Examples of businesses which have ended contracts with parliamentarians.
- FIRST FAMILY. Pentilla, Chris // Entrepreneur;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the signing of a legislation requiring paid leave for employees who want to take care of an ill relative, newborn or newly adopted child in California. Use of payroll deductions and the state's disability insurance program to fund the program; Amount of cost savings for employees;...
- Dates for your legal diary. Rees, Laurence; Bonino, Ruth // Employers Law;Dec2007, p12
The article outlines the legislative timetable related to employers law in Great Britain for 2008. There seem to be fewer firm legislative proposals in the employment arena in 2008 than has been the case in the past few years. The only definite proposals so far being the Corporate Manslaughter...
- Overlooked tax change boosts 401(k) flexibility. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;10/7/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p1
Reports the significance of tax savings on low income employees in the U.S. Emphasis of the benefits derived from a flexible spending accounts; Advantage of the 401(k) salary deferral; Determination for the eligible lower-income employees.
- New capital source on the way. Prieto, Wilfredo // Caribbean Business;5/7/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p8
States that local businesses in Puerto Rico will have another source of capital resource as a result of a proposal before the Puerto Rico Legislature to encourage employee stock ownership plans. Information on the programs; Comments from Republican Angel Cintron Garcia, House Banking Committee...
- How to keep employee manual from becoming a contract. McGreevy, Susan Linden // Contractor Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p46
Discusses employee/employer relationships looking at the legislation for these relationships. Analysis of a case in New Jersey involving Nicosia versus Wakefern Food Corporation; Court ruling that employers have the right to terminate an employee without having to prove what that employee did...
- Making sure your hiring practices are keeping you out of... Greenberg, Herb // Forum (10566937);Apr97, Issue 179, p37
Reports on the legal aspects of hiring of employees to organizations in the United States. Details on the questions asked during an interview; Reference made to federal laws which apply to hiring; Reason for the establishment of guidelines by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- The new Employment Bill. Brimelow, Russell // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p14
Focuses on the provisions of the Employment Bill in Great Britain. Introduction of statutory disciplinary and grievance procedures; Simplification of employment law; Reduction on the complexity of employment cases in tribunals.