Czechs plan laws to tackle rampant discrimination
- President Clinton pledged. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;4/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 95, p2
Announces US President Bill Clinton's pledge to end discrimination against women in the workplace. Labor Department's release of proposals for ending discrimination; Labor Secretary Reich's statement on the issue.
- Missouri Executive Order Broadly Bans Sexual Orientation Discrimination in Executive Branch of State Government. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Sep2010, p136
The article reports on Missouri Governor Jeremiah W. Nixon's issuance of Executive order 10-24 in July 2010, which updates the state's gubernatorial executive orders to include sexual orientation and veteran status to the list of characteristics covered by the state government executive branch's...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Personnel Today;5/27/2008, p11
The article reports an increase in the national minimum wages in Great Britain. The adult rate rises from Â£5.52 to Â£5.73 per hour w.r.f. October 1, 2008. Further, Sex Discrimination Act amendments (2008) facilitate discrimination claims in relation to eligibility for remuneration as a...
- Anti-ageism protagonists divided on voluntary code. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;6/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p17
Focuses on the British government's voluntary code of practice against ageism at work, called the `Code of Practice on Age Diversity in Employment.' What the code includes; Various comments on code.
- IPA alerts industry to consequences of govt's ageism code. // Campaign (UK);07/09/99, Issue 27, p8
Reports on the Great Britain-based Institute of Practitioners in Advertising's warning to advertising agencies regarding the British government's policies covering age discrimination in employment.
- New guidelines on sex discrimination. Adams, Alan E. // Banking;Jun72, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p16
Highlights the provisions of the guidelines on sex discrimination issued by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as of June 1972. Purpose of the guidelines; Pregnancy and childbirth of women employees; Pension and retirement plan.
- Equal opportunity. Bornstein, Leon // Monthly Labor Review;Aug70, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p78
Discusses the implementation of the U.S. Department of Labor guidelines prohibiting sex discrimination in employment by government contractors. Denial of employment to women with young children; Maintenance of seniority lines based on sex; Distinction between married and unmarried persons of...
- Gore's theme: Love me gender. Paige, Sean // Insight on the News;05/04/98, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p45
Reports that United States Vice President Al Gore collaborated with Labor Secretary Alexis Herman to look at discrimination on the federal workforce, with emphasis on the lower paychecks that female receive in comparison to males. Reference to the percentage of females in the Senior Executive...
- The right side of law. Exten-Wright, Jonathan // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p8
Outlines the existing and upcoming employment legislation in Great Britain and Europe. Includes the National Minimum Wage Act 1998; Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998; Sex Discrimination Regulations; Working Time Directive; Parental Leave Directive. INSET: European legislation.