- California bill would mandate paid sick days for family care. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;09/01/97, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on the California legislation (A.B. 480) that would make it mandatory for the administration of the voluntary benefit program, to allow employees to utilize their paid sick days to care for sick dependants. Details on the provisions of law; States with similar laws; Employers suggested...
- Keep Seattle's leave policy there. Brunell, Don // Journal of Business (10756124);5/9/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 10, pA8
The author argues against the ordinance passed in Seattle, Washington related to paid sick-leave policy which applies to any business with five or more employees, even if the business is not located in Seattle.
- Sick pay dispute continues in Germany. // Chemical Week;11/6/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the continued negotiations to settle the dispute over cuts in sick pay to German industrial workers.
- State of Illinois sick leave incentive policy: University employees' dysfunctional behavior. Peek, Lucia E.; Smith, Nancy E. // Public Personnel Management;Fall91, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p325
Discusses the State of Illinois' sick leave incentive policy, which involves paying terminated employees cash for their accumulated unused sick days only for legitimate reasons. Application of the policy at a single state university; Development of three measures to evaluate the effectiveness of...
- Philadelphia issues regs on mandatory paid sick leave. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Sep2012, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the issuance of regulations on mandatory paid leave benefit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which apply to employers in six categories including recipients of city concessions and leases, for-profit service subcontractors and contractors, and public agencies.
- Kohl seeks wider weave in German social net. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;5/2/96, Vol. 88 Issue 110, p6
Reports on the plans of German Chancellor Helmut Kohl to place limits on sick leave benefits for workers. Threat of massive strikes from trade unions; Labor sentiments against Kohl's economic programs; Germany's problems with job creation and unemployment.
- County sick pool approved. Rupklavis, David // Graham Leader;4/13/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 69, p1A
The article reports on the approval of the employee sick pool policy in Young County, Texas which provides assistance to employees with catastrophic sickness or injury.
- Statutory Sick Pay. // Accountancy;Feb1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1110, p26
Reports on the passage of the 'SI 1985/1604 Statutory Sick Pay Medical Evidence Regulations 1985' in Great Britain.
- Talks resume on German sick pay. // Chemical Week;12/18/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 49, p6
Reports on the resumption of negotiations between Germany's chemical companies and union representatives in December 1996 over sick pay.