One in three MPs `have mental health problems'
- Science Meets Parliament. Pockley, Peter // Australasian Science;Oct2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p14
Provides information on the Science Meets Parliament initiative organized by the Federation of Australian Scientific and Technological Societies (FASTS). Purpose of the event; Number of scientists who visited parliamentarians in 2001; Issues parliamentarians wanted to discuss with scientists;...
- Backing animal experimentation. Delamothe, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/8/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6750, p460
Focuses on the declaration of the British Association for the Advancement of Science on animal experimentation in medical research in Great Britain. Endorsement of the declaration by other concerned organization; Inclusion of Nobel laureates Professor Sir David Weatherall on hte signatories;...
- AIP hires Condell to head its new office in Washington, DC. // Physics Today;Jun86, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p85
Announces that William J. Condell Jr. agreed to serve as manager of AIP's expanded office and activities in Washington, DC. Monitoring of federal funding; Gramm-Rudman legislation; Career history and biographical information; Academic achievements.
- Connecticut librarians win big in legislature. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;9/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 14, p114
Reports on the legislative victories of the Connecticut Library Association. Receipt of funding for an automation pilot project.
- Does the world need a scientific society for research on how to improve healthcare? // Implementation Science;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
The author reflects on the need for scientific society for research for the improvement of healthcare services. He mentions on adapting an inclusive approach mentioning the use of rigorous methods. He states the need for a website to provide information on relevant resources, with an...
- NYLA opposes creation of legislative library. // LJ: Library Journal;9/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 15, p1463
Reports on the request of the New York Library Association to Governor Hugh Carey to veto passed legislation that would create a legislative library in New York. Effect of the proposed legislative library on information services; Danger of the provision about the function of the legislative...
- La AAB comparece ante el Parlamento de AndalucÃa. // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;jun2003, Vol. 18 Issue 71, p114
No abstract available.
- Observaciones de la AsociaciÃ³n Andaluza de Bibliotecarios al proyecto de ley del Sistema Andaluz de Bibliotecas y Centros de DocumentaciÃ³n. // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;jun2003, Vol. 18 Issue 71, p116
No abstract available.
- 81st Regular Legislative Session. // Texas Library Journal;Summer2009, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p70
The article offers various information on results of the 81st Legislative Session of the Texas Library Association (TLA) in Texas. The Legislature approved recommendations in Loan Star Libraries and Digital Talking Books. TLA is very thankful to all the library supporters, legislators,...