New Mayor-County coalition presses for ISTEA, meets Gore
- Manchester area communities try regional route to economic development. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/11/96, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p6
Reports on plans by Manchester, New Hampshire communities to launch a regional economic development effort. Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce president Thomas Schwieger's explanation of what would make the regional development initiative different from other programs; Coordination of an...
- Metro Blueprint needs ongoing business help. Blake, Laura // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/6/95, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p2
Discusses the Grand Valley Metropolitan Development Blueprint formulated to guide regional development in West Michigan. Formation of a committee to evaluate regional development; Quality-of-life issues; Infrastructure development.
- Going for the gold. Dickerson, Linda A. // Executive Report;Oct96, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Comments on the creation of the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (PRA) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Tim Parks as head of PRA; Goal of the alliance; Pittsburghers' need to work together for a common cause; Controversy regarding athlete Kurt Angle's Olympic victory.
- Mekong merger. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Dec95, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p8
Reports that Asia's six Mekong River countries have embarked on a regional development strategy in an area where there are few traditional links.
- Regional roundup. Ankeny, Robert; Serwach, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;09/08/97, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p19
Presents a regional roundup of various companies in Wayne County and Detroit. Reference to the Chrysler Corporation; Reference to Proof Products Incorporated; Comments from Ray Dallavecchia Junior, chief executive officer of Proof Products.
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1990, Vol. 18 Issue 1, Number 1 p59
Presents an abstract of the article `Domestic Markets and Regional Economic Development,' by Milica Zarkovic Bookman. Economic development of regions in Yugoslavia.
- Civic networks in Bristol and Glasgow. Derrick Purdue; Mario Diani; Isobel Lindsay // Community Development Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p277
Community development requires bringing together a range of civic organizations. In this article we explore the nature of the links between such organizations and the network dynamics of their alliances. We also examine the role of leadership and differences of culture and context in urban civil...
- Collaboration is the main entree at breakfast. Webster Jr. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/17/2000, Issue 322565, p35
Focuses on the regional planning issues in San Joaquin River Valley, California, which will be addressed at `The Business Journal' newspaper's annual `Business Forecast Breakfast' meeting in January 2000. Development and policy-making topics to be discussed by speakers; Importance of...
- Growing pains result in Kyle regional planning. Davis, Jacqueline // Free Press (Buda, TX);4/4/2007, Vol. 103 Issue 51, p3A
The article focuses on the population growth of the city of Kyle in Texas which lead it to consider regional planning.
- New members of planning bd. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/16/95, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p3
Reports that four individuals have been appointed to the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board, and three current members of the board were reappointed following expiration of their original terms.