Fearful of rising debt level, Hevesi urges New York City to pay as it goes
- Program for the Development of Fiscal Federalism in the Russian Federation in the Period up to 2005. Berg, O. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p37
Focuses on the program for the development of fiscal federalism in Russia. Flaws of the program; Objectives of the program; Changes in the distribution of expenditure authority among the levels of the fiscal system.
- Political risk - Fiscal Concerns Mounting. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
This article reports on the need for fiscal consolidation in Brazil in 2011.
- New budget maintains competitive position. Wilson, Roger // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p16
Outlines measures integrated into the Singaporean budget for 1996 made to maintain the country's attractiveness for foreign investment. Includes tax on income derived from high value added activities; Launching of the Regionalization Finance Scheme; Unveiling of an Innovation Development Scheme.
- Tax. // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p30
Outlines the Coalition government of Australia's tax policy. Provision of rolloff relief on the sale of an asset or business; Extension of relief available when a house is inherited; Provision of relief when a business is sold to provide for retirement.
- Using multiyear baselines for fiscal policy analysis. Clifton, James A. // Business Economics;Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the use of multiyear baselines for fiscal policy analysis. Criticisms against and arguments for baseline budgeting; Significance of baseline budgeting on the end of the Cold War and the health care crisis in the United States; Continuity, controllability and predictability.
- Government of Canada fiscal position: National accounts basis. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring96, pS71
Presents a chart depicting the fiscal position of Canada. Annual rates; Capital consumption allowance; Expenditures; Interest of public debt; Subsidiaries.
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep95, p1
Discusses the fiscal policy of the United States. Federal debt as of 1980 and as a percentage of the gross domestic product; Interest payment on outstanding between 1980 and 1995; Change of the attitude of economists toward budget deficits; Contribution of generational accounting to current...
- Structural changes in U.S. fiscal policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb97, p13
Reports on structural changes in the United States government's choice of tax mix, spending and transfers. Increase of the total national debt from 1950 to 1995; Upward trend of labor income taxes and payroll taxes; Rapid increase of Social Security and health care transfers; Others.
- The supply-side consequences of U.S. fiscal policy in... Akhtar, M. A.; Harris, Ethan S. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Spring92, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Reviews the principal changes in United States fiscal policy since the early 1980s and their implications for economic performance. Long-run macroeconomic performance and fiscal policy; Long-run economic growth consequences of deficits; Expenditure shifts and aggregate supply; The supply-side...
- The Role of Medium-Term Fiscal Frameworks for Transition Countries. Horvath, Balazs; Szekely, Istvan P. // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Jan2003, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p86
Discusses the foundations for a medium-term fiscal framework for Bulgaria, a transition economy. Enhancement of the credibility of macroeconomic policies; Facilitation of preparations for membership to the European Union; Application of a broad concept of net public debt.