- Picking are slim for individuals, and institutions tend to get there first. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30232, p10
Reports on the increasing number of Midwest retail investors who are more willing to plunk down money on stocks than on tax-exempt bonds. Decline in the demand for municipal bonds; Advantages of investing in stocks versus municipal bonds; Traditional municipal bonds in Ohio.
- Where to score safe high yields for your ready cash. Topolnicki, Denise M. // Money;Oct96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p41
Urges readers to move partly away from the stock market and toward more secure investments, because of the stock market's decline. Certificates of deposit; Money-market funds; Short-term-bond funds.
- Expected returns, correlations, and optimal asset allocations. Waggle, Doug; Gisung Moon // Financial Services Review;Fall2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p253
With increasing uncertainties in financial markets, individual investors now face difficult asset allocation choices. This article provides a framework for this deliberation by examining the marginal effects of the key input variables in the asset allocation for a portfolio of stocks, bonds, and...
- Stocks and Bonds--What Mixture is Right for You? Blau, Joel M.; Paprocki, Ronald J. // AUANews;Nov2010, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p23
The article discusses a method for making a strategic decision about the proportion of stocks versus bonds to hold in a portfolio.
- Finding out if US Savings Bonds still earn interest. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;4/23/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 103, p12
Presents answers to reader questions concerning United States savings bonds and Internet stock trading.
- In Search of the Perfect Investment. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;7/3/2014, p1
The article presents the views of several readers of the journal regarding their investment decisions in stocks, bonds and equity markets in the U.S.
- Be a TAX-SAVVY INVESTOR. Kuhn, Susan E.; Slovak, Julianne // Fortune;3/18/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p88
Stresses the impact of taxes on investments and offers advice on tax-efficient investing. A model tax-wise portfolio based on research by investment management company SEI; The importance of owning a lot more equities than bonds or cash; Stocks versus municipal bonds; The advantages of holding...
- Securities: The new world wealth machine. Edmunds, John C. // Foreign Policy;Fall96, Issue 104, p118
Discusses the impact of high-quality bonds and stocks in the international economic system. Creation of new investment-grade securities; Indirect ownership of stocks and bonds; Benefits of securitization; Wealth creation versus securitization.
- Meanwhile, back in the jungle... Quinn, Jane Bryant; Lee, Charles S. // Newsweek;6/19/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 25, p63
Answers readers' questions about money management. Question from a couple who were asked by their broker to sign an irrevocable power over their stock and bond certificates, even though it was entirely blank; How to get started in investing; Comments about Nicholas-Applegate Capital Management;...
- WHAT WE'RE THINKING: Stocks are cheap but could get cheaper. Moroney, Richard // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/22/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 34, p2
The article reports on the performance of the stock market in the U.S. It states that the average stock is cheap versus 15-year norms. The average stock is very cheap relative to bond yields. With this performance, traders say everything depends on the outlook for earnings and interest rates....