Adding Speed, With Ease
- Insight Launches 'In the Know' in Ohio. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p28
Reports that cable television company Insight Communications Co. has launched its Insight in the Know campaign which seeks to provide free cable-modem Internet access to schools in Columbus, Ohio. Details of the public-affairs program; Promotion of the features of broadband Internet.
- The Kings of Queens...AND MANHATTAN, BROOKLYN, THE BRONX AND STATEN ISLAND. Berelowitz, Marian // Brandweek;06/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, pSR34
Deals with the success of Cablevision Systems Corp. in plotting cable coup in New York. Cablevision's programming channels; Entertainment and sports properties; Self-install cable modems and other broadband services in the company.
- Charter, Cablevision Lose Video Subs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/13/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p8
The article reports on the 92,000 video subscribers lost by Charter Communications and Cablevision Systems in the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- Cable Stocks Just Can't Win for Losing. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p33
The article presents information on the financial performance and stock prices of several cable television operators in the U.S. as of January 9, 2006. Leading the list of stock decliners was Charter Communications Inc., which saw its stock dropped 45.3% ($1.01 per share) between January 3, 2005...
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;8/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 163, p2
The article reports that video-on-demand channel TV Guide Spot has launched Cablevision systems in the New York metropolitan area while TV Guide for Broadband has debuted on the relaunched AOL Video portal.
- Taking More Care of Business. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p29
Reports on the effort of cable television operators to develop commercial services for voice and data. Focus of the commercial services provided by Insight Communications Corp.; Commercial services infrastructure of Cablevision Systems Corp.; Business-services efforts of Adelphia Communications...
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 210, p1
The article offers news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of October 2005. Charter will now carry the RSN Mid-Atlantic Sports Network in Washington, DC. Meanwhile, Insight has reached an agreement to carry ESPNU on its digital cable tier. Superstation WGN has been added to the FiOS TV...
- SLOW and STEADY. Grotticelli, Michael; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 29, p32
Focuses on the optimism of cable operators in the United States on launching interactive television efforts. Insight Communications' deployment of Diva-based video-on-demand service; Charter Communications' installation of set-top boxes to bring interactive services. INSETS: ITV: How we...
- No, Not a Fiber Ring. It's a Class Ring. Haugsted, Linda; Ellis, Leslie; Strump, Matt; Umstead, Tom // Multichannel News;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p4
The article addresses issues related to the U.S. cable industry. The story behind the ring of Charter Communications Inc. engineer Jarrod Gillman is described. The archival data about Hughes Electronics Corp. that have been donated to the University of Nevada are enumerated. The resignation of...