PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Cable TV Pioneers inducts Class of '09. // CED;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
The article lists the Cable TV Pioneers' Class of 2009 which includes William Beaty Jr. from Comporium Communications, Michael W. Drake from Milestone Communications, and Tom Feige from Time Warner Cable.
- EURO CABLERS, SATCHOS FORGE TIES FOR NEW ORG. Jambs, Alison // Daily Variety;10/10/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the organization of an association of cable and satellite channels in Europe. Conflict with local cable operators on issues on distribution charge; Accessibility of cable networks.
- The Problem with Cable Programming. Polka, Matthew M. // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p53
Discusses the problems faced by the cable television industry in the United States. Rate of increases for cable programming; Effect of mergers on consumer cable prices; Initiatives taken by the American Cable Association to address the harm caused by retransmission-consent-tying agreements.
- Wait 'til next year, WCA says. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;06/30/97, Vol. 127 Issue 27, p70
Reports on the Wireless Cable Association's (WCA) pledge to revive the cable television industry. Downfall of the industry as cable stock prices decline and investors shift to other fields; Mixed comments from industry executives; Reliance on technology to boost subscription.
- Golf rules. J.M.; R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 38, p49
Informs about the decision of VH1 to hold its second annual Fairway to Heaven celebrity golf pro-am tournament on October 15-16, 1995 at Summerlin in Las Vegas. Note on the event.
- TGC goes big time. // Golf World;8/4/95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p4
Reports on The Golf Channel's insertion of updates from the LPGA and Senior PGA Tours during PGA Tour's Ideon Classic.
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p27
The article reports on the personnel changes in the U.S. cable television industry in 2011, including Andrew Kobliska of Bigsmack, Cyndi McClellan of E! News, and Jay Madara of Gold Channel.
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;8/8/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p18
The article offers information on the personnel changes in the U.S. cable television industry in 2011, including Ming G. Jung of Communications Equity Associates (CEA) Group Cos., Christian Drobnyk of Lifetime Networks, and Brandon Brito of the Television (TV) 360 television unit at Management 360.
- ACA Through the Years. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p18
The article offers information on the history of the American Cable Association (ACA). It was formerly known as the Small Cable Business Association (SCBA) which represented small independent cable operators on various critical issues. It provides the important events and issues that helped...