Digital Dawn for Africa
- HD ON DEMAND IN SD. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;7/8/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p10
The article reports on the high-definition movies on demand offered by Cox Communications. Digital subscribers of Cox Communications in San Diego, California will have access to twenty high-definition motion pictures. Customers can access the motion pictures by tuning to Channel 1. According to...
- Cox sets free VOD channel. Bloom, David // Daily Variety;8/22/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 57, p5
States that Cox Communications will roll out a free, advertisement-supported video-on-demand channel for digital cable subscribers in San Diego, California. Company partnering with Cox to provide the free channel.
- NUMBER. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/11/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 18, p19
This article offers statistics on the share of additional TV channels that COX Communications customers view on the MSO's Contour user interface for set-tops and mobile devices when compared with the operator's legacy video platform.
- Cox pins hopes on bundled digital options. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p11
Reports the decision of Cox Communications to concentrate on bundled digital service in the U.S. Speculations on Cox buying additional systems from Adelphia Communications; Performance of the bundled services; Growth in revenues.
- BellSouth, Cox vie for growing digital TV market. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/10/99, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p4
Focuses on the competition between cable television provider Cox Communications Inc. and BellSouth Entertainment in providing digital television programming to residents in New Orleans, Louisiana. Digital television's use of wireless technology; Business operations; Marketing strategies.
- Cox Tests HDTV Cable In Omaha. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports that Omaha, Nebraska-based Cox Communications Inc. is planning to conduct a market test carrying high-definition television (HDTV) service over its digital cable platform. Company's plans of delivering HDTV channels using the QAM modulation scheme as part of its digital cable service;...
- Cox Dangles Disneyland Day for Digital Subs. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p38
Reports on the consumer promotion launched November 15, 2000 by Disneyland theme park and Cox Communications Inc.'s Orange County, California division dubbed 'Magic From Morning 'Till Night.' Part of efforts by Cox to generate interest in its digital-cable service; Offer of Cox subscribers a...
- Cox Digital Gets Good Guys' Retail Aid. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;01/01/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p18
Reports on Cox Communications Inc.'s retail digital-cable marketing pilot program with consumer electronics retailer, The Good Guys Inc. Locations of Good Guys stores that carry the Cox Digital Cable starter kit; Retail price of the kit; Marketing strategy of Good Guys for the starter kit.
- Digital satellite system TV--What's it all about? Smith, Doug // All Hands;Sep95, Issue 941, p34
Focuses on the features of the digital satellite system television. Brief history of the system; DirecTV's emphasis on traditional cable channels; USSB's concentration on providing movie channels; Kinds of channel offered by the two companies; Limitations of the system; Cost of having a digital...