ABC Family's Moves Are Paying Off
- MOUSE SCRIPT REVISION. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;8/16/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 31, p5
Reports that a pair of Disney cable networks have renewed key scripted shows for next year. ABC Family's second season of "Wildfire"; Disney Channel's live-action comedy "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody".
- A Great Night at 'the office' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;2/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the Golden Globe Awards won by BBC America, a cable television network for its comedy series "The Office." Views of Paul Lee, CEO of BBC America on the award received by "The Office"; Plans of BBC America for "The Office"; Other winners at the Golden Globe Awards.
- 'NIP' ENDS ON A HIGH. Kissell, Rick; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/7/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the season finale ratings of cable television network FX's drama "Nip/Tuck" in the United States. Estimated number of viewers; Ratings of "Gilmore Girls" and "One Tree Hill."
- ABC Family ups reality quotient. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/30/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 59, p3
Reports on cable television network ABC Family's acquisition of ten additional segments of reality television shows 'Switched!' and 'The Brendan Leonard Show.' Total number of episodes of each show that ABC Family has ordered; Increase in the network's teenage viewership; Description of each show.
- WB's 'Girls,' 'Charmed' get dual run on TNT. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;05/15/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 54, p5
Reports the dual window broadcast of the television programs 'Gilmore Girls' and 'Charmed' at WB and TNT in the United States. Negotiations between for both programs; Timeslots for the airing of the shows; Goal of the programming initiative.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p19
Rates the cable television shows in the United States, according to Nielsen, for the week of August 22-28, 1994. ABC; CBS; NBC; Fox.
- The WB's mulitplexing plan. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Reports plans of WB cable network to multiplex several programs in the U.S. Percentage of unit prices for the second play; Reference to the experience of the network in multiplexing the program 'Charmed'; Selection of series by producers.
- mr. weatherman. Ardren, Bob // Sarasota Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on issues related to the telecast of a program segment on the cable television network Weather Channel in Sarasota, Florida. Identification of the person appearing in the segment; Professional responsibilities of the person appearing in the program segment.
- Rocking the Industry. Haley, Kathy; Knight, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p3
Discusses the growing popularity of the television series on U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 2002. Views of veteran writers and critics on HBO's series; Comparison of income generated by HBO with other broadcast networks; Creative impact of HBO on the...