Originals In Bloom on Turner South
- ONETIME COURT TV SHOWS TRU COLORS. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;6/28/2010, Vol. 419 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on the cable television network TruTV, owned by Turner Broadcasting. The network's rebranding in January, 2008, in which it changed its name from Court TV and introduced reality television programs in its prime time schedule, is discussed. Ratings for the network's programs...
- Bad boys branch out. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/8/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 45, pB1
Focuses on the expansion of the television programming of FX cable network in the U.S. Introduction of new episodes; Achievement of record basic cable ratings; Entry into reality shows.
- Bravo extends 'Runway' Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;1/31/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on cable network Bravo to order an extra hour of the reality program "Project Runway" in the U.S. The program ranked number one in cable television on the key adults demographics. Network president Lauren Zalaznick decided to add a one-hour reunion special after seeing the...
- Fresh cable fare drawing bigger auds. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;8/8/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 27, p3
The article looks at the ratings performances of U.S. television dramas for the week of July 30 to August 5, 2007. Ratings for "CSI" and its CBS spinoffs, "Grey's Anatomy" of CBS and "House" of Fox have all declined possibly due to the popularity of reality shows. The top four cables shows...
- REALITY TV: HOT 30. // Multichannel News;6/29/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p18
A list of the top 30 highest-rated basic-cable series in the reality television (TV) genre between June 1, 2014 and May 31, 2015 based in a Ratings Intelligence analysis of Nielsen live-plus-3-day data is presented including "Talking Dead," "Gold Rush" and "Duck Dynasty."
- HISTORY. // Advertising Age;5/3/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 18, pC42
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network History Channel. The ratings of several of the network's reality television programs are discussed including those for "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers." New programs to be broadcast by the network in...
- MTV. // Advertising Age;5/3/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 18, pC50
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network MTV, part of the cable television company MTV Networks. The network's ratings for its programs among teenagers and young adults are stressed, particularly the ratings for its original reality television...
- Most Success Stories Dont' Follow a Script. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p10
Focuses on the stability of cable television ratings due to the broadcast of reality television programs in the U.S. as of October 2003. Impact of television drama shows on cable networks; Contributors to the success of cable television; Factors critical in creating a reality television program.
- Big week for cable series. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/6/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the rating performance of cable networks in the U.S. Viewership gained by USA Networks; Domination of TNT Network in adult viewership; Appeal of reality programming to television audiences.