Nat Geo Channel Renews Trio of Shows
- Court TV Ads Yield Returns. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p26
Reports on the returns posted by Court TV on its return-on-investment (ROI) advertising strategy in 2005. Percentage of the brand schedules of the network that met or exceeded the ROI guarantees made to its clients; Television series that will be returned and launched by the network; Rating...
- FX's 'Nip' firms up Sky's flabby ratings. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;1/15/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the rating of the television pilot series "Nip/Tuck" on Sky One cable network in London, England. Estimated number of viewers generated; Overview on the story line; Factors influencing the show's positive rating.
- 'NCIS' chasing cable cash. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/10/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the success of the television series "NCIS" as the fastest grossing television program start in its three-year history with CBS Broadcasting Inc. in the U.S. Efforts of the television program to match-up with the million-dollar episodes of similar television genres; Ratings of the...
- 'BLADE' A CUT ABOVE. Dempsey, John; Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;6/30/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 64, p5
The article reports on the television ratings garnered by Spike TV's television series "Blade: The Series." It had been able to draw a total of 2.5 million viewers all over the U.S. during its premiere broadcast on June 28, 2006. The show gained another 1.2 million cable viewers during its...
- Looking for a Summer Rebound. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;6/3/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p8
The article focuses on the cable networks' plans to lift ratings for summer 2013, by airing new and old television series. It states that the cable networks will expand their launches with new television series including USA Network's "Graceland" and "Summer Camp," and ABC Family Worldwide...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p19
Presents news briefs on television programming in the U.S., as of October 2003. Information on the rating received by the TLC television program "Trading Spaces"; Averaged rating of several Major League Baseball coverage by ESPN; Decision of MTV: Music Television to renew several television series.
- Original cable series try to make the grade. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Compares the ratings of several original cable series in the U.S. Role of serials in the growth of cable networks; Focus on the serials 'The Osbournes' on MTV and 'The Shield' on FX; Statistics depicting ratings of the serials.
- Now for some original ideas. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on the plans of cable networks to concentrate on scripted drama series in the United States. Impact of drama series on television ratings; Comparison between the costs of drama series and non-scripted shows; Details on the all original series to be launched by cable networks.
- HIT and RERUN. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;7/25/2003, Issue 720, p40
Deals with the popularity of cable television series reruns in the U.S.