BET Taps Filmmaker As Programming Chief
- Peacock prevails in premiere week. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/3/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 3, p5
The article reports that NBC Television Network topped in the primetime broadcast ranks in the premiere week with its programs "The Voice" and "Revolution."
- 'Game' puts BET into the big leagues. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;1/13/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the performance of the television program "The Game," by Black Entertainment Television LLC, which according to Nielsen Media Research Inc., received a 7.68 million viewers which make it number one in the 10 0'clock hour.
- BET Specials, Movies Prompt Record Ratings. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p46
Reports the programming strategies devised by Black Entertainment Television to uplift viewership ratings in the United States. Increase in the number of primetime shows; Addition of specials and movie title acquisitions; Enumeration of several popular programs.
- Nielsen primetime ratings report. // Daily Variety;1/4/2013, Vol. 317 Issue 60, p7
Several charts are presented including one on top primetime television shows in the U.S. in the 18-49 years category, one on ratings of several films, and one on total viewership of different television channels during December 24-30, 2012.
- TV RATINGS. // Variety;10/22/2013, Vol. 321 Issue 16, p31
The article lists the projected top primetime television programs in the U.S. for the week of October 14-20, 2013 which include "Sunday Night Football," "The Walking Dead" and "The Big Bang Theory."
- Young skeins to build on. Kissell, Rick // Variety;1/7/2013, Vol. 429 Issue 8, p34
The article discusses prime time television programs on broadcast television networks whose ratings have held steady or increased in their second seasons in 2012 including "Once Upon a Time," "Person of Interest" and "Grimm."
- Upfronts. // CableFAX Daily;4/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 79, p2
Reports that Black Entertainment Television (BET) hosts its first primetime upfront event on April 24, 2006, announcing 8 new original shows. Comments given by Louis Carr, president of BET ad media sales, on the shows; Complaint of some buyers against the network.
- Strike Threat Buys lime for Series. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;10/15/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 41, p3
The article reports that the possibility of an October 31, 2007 strike by the Writers Guild of America against the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers is leading television networks to keep broadcasting prime time programs which might otherwise be canceled due to poor ratings....
- NIELSEN AUG. 13-19 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/27/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 34, p15
Charts are presented giving the ratings of prime time television programs for the week of August 13-19, 2007, including the rating of each broadcast network program, the ten highest rated programs on cable television, and the overall rating of each broadcast network.